cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaRAlfonso
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur travel request timeline is stuck at participant review on approval flow- HELP ASAP

HELP ASAP!! I have less than 1 day to resolve this  problem!!

I finally found a number to call with SAP CONCUR and all they would advise me to do is to post on this discussion board, but I do not have time to wait!!

My Concur travel request timeline is stuck at participant review on approval flow. I am and end user, but neither myself or my administrator can see why the approval flow is stuck and there is no person identified to move the approval flow forward. It states "Participant review" but myself, as the participant, I do not see any action that I can take. 

The Concur ORAU system has been experiencing numerous glitches. I started a travel request on Monday that circled through two approval cycles unnecessarily and once approved yesterday I clicked the "book travel" button within the fully approved travel request but after numerous glitches during booking, once the travel was finally confirmed/ reserved and I received the confirmation email, Concur created a second travel request with a new ID that contained  "self booked" expenses from the booking that I created through the fully approved request. The fully approved request is still listed in my requests and still states " Ready to book". 

This is emergency situation, I have 1 day to either finished the approval on the un-approved submitted and booked request that is not moving forward with its approval flow, or I need to be informed of a way to troubleshoot a way around this glitch and have the fully approved request that is not linking to accept "book travel" from the accepted request actually follow through and stay attached to the specific travel booking.

HELP ASAP PLEASE!!

1 Solution
Solution
MelissaRAlfonso

Thank you for the reply, Kevin. 

This issue was resolved. It appeared as though there was either a glitch in the system during my first booking attempt through the fully approved travel request or that something occurred during processing that created a duplicate travel request. This is not verified, this is only my best guess. The low flight availability pushed me back into the booking process and my request to change primary email moved me out of the booking process and into user settings. This disruption in the booking could have been outside the standard flow. Again, I'm uncertain here. I did not know that the travel had been duplicated and the system was not allowing me to book travel through the approved request because the system thought that I was already travelling at that same time. Once we understood what occurred in the system and discussed the issue with my company, they instructed me to go into the duplicate request and cancel to then proceed again through the original approved request. The second attempt was successful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MelissaRAlfonso

Is there any functionality that allows an "end user" or an "administrator" merge 2 travel requests?

HELP ASAP PLEASE!!

@MelissaRAlfonso sorry I am just now seeing this as there has been an unusually higher number of posts I've had to go through the last week and half. 

Did you end up getting this resolved and if so, what was the resolution?

Are you able to do a travel booking first, then have that turned into a Travel Request? I've seen some companies set up this way. The users do the booking and once finished, the system auto-creates the travel request for the user.

I've never seen Participant Review as a workflow step, so this must be something your company implemented. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
MelissaRAlfonso

Thank you for the reply, Kevin. 

This issue was resolved. It appeared as though there was either a glitch in the system during my first booking attempt through the fully approved travel request or that something occurred during processing that created a duplicate travel request. This is not verified, this is only my best guess. The low flight availability pushed me back into the booking process and my request to change primary email moved me out of the booking process and into user settings. This disruption in the booking could have been outside the standard flow. Again, I'm uncertain here. I did not know that the travel had been duplicated and the system was not allowing me to book travel through the approved request because the system thought that I was already travelling at that same time. Once we understood what occurred in the system and discussed the issue with my company, they instructed me to go into the duplicate request and cancel to then proceed again through the original approved request. The second attempt was successful.