cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npetras
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Travel Seat Selection Issues

We just recently mandated the use of Concur Travel at our company.  In the last several months, travelers seem to be experiencing issues selecting airline seat when they are booking.  We have seen two issues:

1.  The traveler selects seats, receives an email indicating that they are confirmed, and then later discover that they don't have seats when checking in for the flight.  No notification to indicate that seats were not selected.

2.  The traveler selects the seats during the booking process and then once the booking is finalized, the seats are arbitrarily changed without notice.

Has anyone seen similar issues and what do you recommend to travelers?

1 REPLY 1
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@npetras Thank you for your post. I would recommend that you reach out to your Travel Agency to see whether they have a routine enabled that does automated seat assignment updates in the GDS. Below are a few other reasons why this may occur. 

There are several reasons why this could happen:

• The airline re-assigned seats
  • The seat preference within the Concur profile does not match the seat selected. For example, a traveler selects an aisle seat even though the seat preference within their profile is for a window seat. Concur sees this and will try to fix it
  • The travel agency may have routine automated seat assignment updates in the GDS and Concur is reflecting these updates
  • An error occurred during seat processing and saving on the GDS

If this continues, I would suggest opening a case in the SAP Concur Support Portal - after working with your Travel Agency, to see if the support team can identify the cause of your issue. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.