cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uudeh
New Member - Level 1

Car Rental

I have been trying to make a rental car reservation, i keep getting a zero search result. I have switched different dates and time to check but still get the same result Zero car available I am using airport location.   Is the system down ?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

The system is not currently down. However, there is currently a nationwide car rental shortage. Here is the first article I found as a reference, but you can Google car rental shortage for further research:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/05/01/rental-car-shortage-economy/

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@uudeh also, and I know this might not be ideal, try doing a search for off-airport locations. I had friends do this for a recent trip they took and other than a short Uber ride to the car rental facility, they didn't have to wait in line to pick up the car and the total price was over $100 cheaper than renting from an airport location. 

When you are on the Car Results screen, look to the left side of the screen. I believe it is under Change Search where you can search for cars at off-airport locations. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

Another tip is to keep the pick up date but extend the return date and you may get a result.  Most don't charge you if you return early.  However, there is a shortage and you are encouraged to reserve as early as you can as the last reserved gets bumped first when the expected car is not returned on time for the next rental.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
alucca
New Member - Level 2

You can use this mapquest driving directions as a temporary fix, it can find out the remote parking or car rental place quickly, in addition, it can quickly and accurately update the places where there is likely to be an outbreak of disease, ensuring the safety of your trips in the duration of this illness.

scottienoel
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have the same issue (0 results) but when I search the same location on a website like Travelocity I get plenty of cars (at high prices but they do have cars).  What gives?  

@scottienoel which airport location are you searching? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scottienoel
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD Pasco, WA.  I tried for 2 weeks, I am calling today.  

@scottienoel I should have also asked what are the dates you are looking at? I want to see if I have the same issue. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey