cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newconcuruser
New Member - Level 1

Cancelled flight credit

HI,

I had to cancel couple of flights due to a travel ban issued, i clicked on cancel trip, and I got a notification saying things have been cancelled. Is there a way I can see the airfare credit amount and which airline it is on? My company does not require us to travel only on a specific airline, so it would be good to know which airlines I have credits on, so that I remember to book on those airlines when I travel in the future. Any guidance is appreciated, as I could not find a location on concur to see the amount credited and which airlines it is.....

14 REPLIES 14
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@newconcuruser On the SAP Concur home screen you should see a section labeled "Alerts". This should show a link to any unused tickets you have. I believe clicking this link should show you the details of the canceled airfare. 

Give that a try and let me know how it goes. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
techchick
New Member - Level 1

michbeam
Occasional Member - Level 1

Kevin, I have the same issue I had to cancel a flight and it is showing up as 1 Available Expense and a  December Expense Open Report. When I'm on my SAP Concur home page there is no "Alerts" tab. How do I remove this from my expense report?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@michbeam did you just cancel the flight or did you also ask for a refund? If you didn't ask for a refund, then that means you are "keeping" the purchase. It is just now in the form of a credit with the airline. Canceling the flight, doesn't cancel the purchase, so you should submit the expense on your December report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
michbeam

michbeam_0-1640893517615.png

On my American Airlines trip cancellation email it is saying that they are processing my refund automatically, and I did cancel the trip within 24 hours of booking the flight. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@michbeam when I went into your account, I saw an American Airlines charge with a date of 12/22. Your cancellation says 12/27. Is the American Airlines charge I see in your account with a 12/22 date not the correct charge? 

If this is the charge, then there is a 5 day period between booking and cancelation, so I don't think a refund would be automatic. 

Let me know if this is the charge for the canceled airfare or not. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
michbeam

Kevin, I will check on this after the new year and see if the charge was removed. I think you are correct that it is going to take a few days to get removed from my expense report. Thank you sir. If it is still there after the new year I will reach back out to you. Have a wonderful new year. 

RAlvarado

Hello KevinD, thank you for this response.  I too had a similar issue with someone that I book travel for and found your advice helpful.  My question for you is: are these credits Vendor Specific (Delta for Delta, Jet Blue for Jet Blue) and not just in a "Credit Bucket" to be used for any future flights?  Are the credits automatically used when a future trip is booked or will I need to reach Concur to have the credits used? Thank you 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RAlvarado the credit is for that specific airline and should be automatically applied to the next booking on that airline. I believe once you select that carrier and complete the booking, the user should see the original fare but then how much they are being charged for the new booking. The new charge should be the fare minus whatever the credit is. 

Any issues around the credit being applied should be handled by your travel management company, not SAP Concur. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
NDevineHRP
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD I have this same issue and I don't see that under "alerts" - I book travel for all of my coworkers, and I have (2) travel credits for two separate employees where flights were cancelled. The GBT Customer Care confirmed this, but I can't see any record of it under "alerts". Please help - this is very confusing. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NDevineHRP have the two employees for whom the credits belong log into their SAP Concur account and have them check to see if they can see the credit in the Alerts section. If they do not, then your travel management company will need to provide this information. Are you looking to apply these credits to upcoming flights?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
NDevineHRP
New Member - Level 1

Hey @KevinD thanks for the quick reply! They don't have accounts - they are contracted workers so we don't have profiles for them. I booked the flights under our account "as a guest" then manually entered their data. 

In the future, we'd like the apply the funds to an upcoming flight. We book a lot of airfare and flights get cancelled / changed all the time, so it would be great to see where these numbers live for our bookkeeping process. 

Any insight is helpful! Like I said, the "alerts" comment doesn't apply to this. Appreciate it, 

Nicky 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NDevineHRP thanks for clarifying who the travelers were. My guess is that to have the funds applied to future bookings, you will need to work directly with your travel management company. I'm asking a colleague who works specifically with Travel to see if the credits automatically get stored in SAP Concur or if you have to get the credit amount from the TMC or the airline and manually enter into SAP Concur. Stay tuned. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NDevineHRP My colleague confirmed that you'll need to work with your Travel Management Company on this. I don't know if the credits can be loaded into SAP Concur for tracking, but your TMC should be able to let you know if it is possible or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey