cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John-C
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cancelled Trip

I recently had to cancel a booked trip (airfare, rental car, hotel).  However, the day before I was to depart, weather in the destination caused me to cancel the trip.  I made the cancellation thru Concur and received an email that "Your trip has been successfully cancelled." 

I made the arrangements thru Concur the week before and the airfare hit my corp card the day I made them.  When I emailed the air carrier, they replied since I made the arrangements thru Concur, I would have to request a refund thru them.  How?

Also, I have received a charge on my corp card for the booked hotel that I had assumed by the cancellation email I received from Concur that the reservation had been cancelled. (Cancellation was greater than 24 hours prior to check in.).

How do I get these charges removed?

1 Solution
Solution
John-C

I called the hotel.  They told me since I made the arrangements and cancellation thru a travel agent, I would have to contact them.  I made the arrangements through Concur, so who is the agent?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@John-C First thing to note that canceling a flight does not mean you get an automatic credit back from the airline. I would call your travel agency about this. Likely, you will have a credit with the airline, which means you still have the airfare and the charge will not be reversed. If the travel agency can get you a refund, then wait for the credit to appear then add that and the original charge to an expense report. They will zero each other out. As for the hotel, I would start by calling the hotel directly to let them know you canceled and ensure they see the cancelation on their end. If they do, hopefully they will give you a refund. If they do, then wait for the credit to appear in SAP Concur and do the same as I advised with the airfare. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
John-C

I called the hotel.  They told me since I made the arrangements and cancellation thru a travel agent, I would have to contact them.  I made the arrangements through Concur, so who is the agent?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@John-C Travel Leaders is your travel agency. Log in to SAP Concur, look for Company Notes. Click Read More at the bottom of the Company Notes section to expand the section. You'll see a phone number for the travel agency there.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.