cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeighAnn1067
Occasional Member - Level 1

Canadian Concur Travelers

Client with a global program wants to create one US configurations and roll up their Canadian travelers to this country.  What if any are the challenges for expense reporting, tax implications, etc. of not having a separate country configuration for Canada for travel?  

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LeighAnn1067 when you say one US configuration are you talking about a US Concur Travel Configuration or are you talking about a US Concur Expense Configuration?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
LeighAnn1067

Hi Kevin,  both actually.  They already have an expense configuration and are rolling out travel in both US and Canada.  

@LeighAnn1067 if they already have an expense configuration, is it for a country other than the U.S. and Canada?

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
LeighAnn1067

US expense configuration

@LeighAnn1067 a couple of potential issues that could arise are:

1. User profiles on the Expense side do require a default currency be assigned. If your Canadian employees are assigned USD as the default currency, then they would need to be assigned a company card (assuming you would be assigning company cards) that are issued from a U.S. bank. However, it would be a manual process to update the currency amount for reimbursements for these employees.

2. On the Travel side, it might be that Canadian users being in a U.S. Travel group might see all travel options in USD.

3. For expense reporting, you may run across tax issues as U.S. Group configurations do not use any GST, PST, etc. so I'm not sure how Canadian employees could report on this and receive any possible reclaims.

In my opinion, I don't think it would be the best way to approach things by rolling Canadian employees into a US configuration.

Now, because you are a certified SAP Concur Partner, you can submit this question to our Partner Support Portal and see if you get a similar response to mine or maybe they know a way that isn't too complicated.

Thank you,
Kevin
rachelbrusch
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi there,

The main consideration is currency, for tickets to be issued in Canadian currency, a separate travel country configuration for Canada would be needed. If Canadian employees are added to a US travel configuration their tickets will be issued in USD. 

Thank you,

Rachel Brusch

SAP Concur