cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjs4002
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can I book a hotel on Concur for personal use?

Hi all, 

Can I book a hotel on Concur for personal use (not for a business trip)? Of course, I will bear the cost.

Thanks.

Jess

1 Solution
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

@kjs4002 dear user,

Please verify your company's travel policy, however I really doubt your organization would allow personal transactions within the system, even if you will assure that you will be paying that. 

A tool set up for a company, it is best to keep data that is relevant to the company, without data that is not relevant for reporting or may be difficult or giving additional administrative work to keep it clean.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

@kjs4002 dear user,

Please verify your company's travel policy, however I really doubt your organization would allow personal transactions within the system, even if you will assure that you will be paying that. 

A tool set up for a company, it is best to keep data that is relevant to the company, without data that is not relevant for reporting or may be difficult or giving additional administrative work to keep it clean.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
kjs4002

Thanks Alessandro.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kjs4002 this is a little bit of a tricky question. Why? Because technically, you can book a personal trip in Concur Travel. The tool doesn't know the reason for your travel. However, your company might not allow you to book personal trips. So, you should ask your manager first to see what they say. Also, do you have an assigned corporate card that you have added to your Travel profile? If so, have you also added your personal card to your Travel profile? 

If you have added a corporate card to your travel profile, did you use the little checkboxes to tell the system to use that card as the default for Air? If so, then even if you wanted to book the trip as personal, the system would automatically put the airfare on your corporate card, so you need to keep that in mind. This is all predicated on whether your company allows personal bookings or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kjs4002

Thanks Kevin.

Jess