cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Approval Routing based on Custom Field

Curious to see if anyone has been able to use the native Concur Travel product to control when trips are sent for approval based on information collected at the beginning of the booking process via a custom field?  We have a requirement where users that are booking travel that are going to be billed to a client (Billable) to not require approval and anything Non-Billable will need to be approved by a set approver.  Wasn't sure of what all the options available within the tool to maybe accomplish this outside of purchasing Concur Request?

Thank you

Tom

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tstagliano interesting question. I did see that Trip fields that depend on a rule cannot be at the beginning of a booking. Likely, a rule would be associated to your custom field.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

@KevinD   the rule we are looking to have set is within the Travel Policy for the respective Rule Class so that when a value is selected at the beginning of the booking process via a custom field for billable vs non-billable, that would determine what bookings get routed for approval and which ones would be auto-approved.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tstagliano from what I read, you cannot have a custom field appear at the beginning of a booking that will be tied to a Travel Rule.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.