cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckirk326
Occasional Member - Level 1

American Airlines fares not showing up in Concur for flights.

I typically search the AA portal for the right flight, timing, and cost.  Once i have all that figured out i go into Concur and book it.  I found the flights i need for an upcoming trip in the AA portal - i then go to the Concur app and the flight is there, but the fare is not available.  

Any insights or support on this issue?  

I've call AMEX and they are seeing / experiencing the same results.  They said that AA is not letting Concur have full access to the inventory. 

I called AA and they were not helpful at all.  Said this was a concur thing and needed to be troubleshoot from that standpoint.

Please help / advise 

Colleen Kirk

5 REPLIES 5
Angela_Ld
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Colleen,

My guess is that this is related to the new NDC pricing AA and others are implementing. 

Unless you add Concur's Select Access (TravelFusion), which costs $$ per transaction for booking and exchanges, you will see this in increasing amounts.  Fares for airlines will begin disappearing from your view in the standard Concur system as the airlines begin pulling more and more of their inventory from OBTs to either sell direct or as part of their NDC bundles. 

ckirk326

Thank you for this.  I really appreciate understanding what was happening behind the scenes.  Have always been able to access decent fairs, wanted to know if it was something i was doing wrong.  Clearly things are changing, I'll look into Concurs Select Access.   Thank you again for the insights. 

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ckirk326 Thanks for reaching out. This is something you will want to discuss further with your TMC. However, there are some really good posts already in the SAP Concur Community that I wanted to share related to American Airlines and NDC related content. 

American Airlines and NDC Content Update (which includes a link to a blog post)
Feature a Feature - New Distribution Channel (NDC) & Concur Travel 

If hope you find this information helpful. Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jvelazquez1
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello @leedau  - I get an error of access denied when trying to see the links above.

ckirk326

Was unable to access the links you provided:  Error message: You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue.  Can you point me to the blog post where i can view the information?  Thank you