cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaalaOrhan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Airfare must be ticketed by certain date

Hi All,

I have booked a flight for Monday. It is an e-Ticket, and I see the following message 'Airfare must be ticketed by: 12/05/2022 10:00 PM Eastern Australian'. Does this mean that I need to call the airline to issue me a ticket or pick-up the ticket from the airport ASAP?

TIA, Taala

2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TaalaOrhan this means that your company's travel agency needs to get it ticketed by that date and time. Once you go through the booking steps, it is then up to the travel agency. In my experience, they handle these pretty quickly and usually the same day.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
BStrait
Super User
Super User

Kevin may not be entirely correct here. If you have approvals built into your travel or request policy, then when you book the travel, if it is not attached to a previously approved travel request, then it will not be ticketed until the request is approved. This can create a problem if you book your travel, but you have approvers that are lackadaisical in approving. You generally have 1 day to get your travel approved for that ticket process to be completed. If the approval comes through, it should ticket without any further action. However, if the approver does not approve the travel, the airline will cancel off the ticket and make that space available for others. 

To make matters worse, if the ticket is not approved, the traveler may not know and/or the price may go up by the time that the ticket is re-processed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TaalaOrhan this means that your company's travel agency needs to get it ticketed by that date and time. Once you go through the booking steps, it is then up to the travel agency. In my experience, they handle these pretty quickly and usually the same day.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
BStrait
Super User
Super User

Kevin may not be entirely correct here. If you have approvals built into your travel or request policy, then when you book the travel, if it is not attached to a previously approved travel request, then it will not be ticketed until the request is approved. This can create a problem if you book your travel, but you have approvers that are lackadaisical in approving. You generally have 1 day to get your travel approved for that ticket process to be completed. If the approval comes through, it should ticket without any further action. However, if the approver does not approve the travel, the airline will cancel off the ticket and make that space available for others. 

To make matters worse, if the ticket is not approved, the traveler may not know and/or the price may go up by the time that the ticket is re-processed. 

TaalaOrhan

Hi @BStrait & @KevinD 

Thank you for your replies.

Correct, I need approval to travel, which was provided and added to the travel request at the time of submission, however due to processing time, when the itinenary was releaed the tickets weren't ready. Neverhtlesss, as Kevin mentioned my company's travel agency got it ticketed by that date and time once approved, and I confirmed with the airline too.

rrspencer

I don't know how to search my issue.  I made a reservation with a card that was not activated.  The reservation was confirmed, but the airline sent a message that the card was decline and flights were not ticketed.  I activated the card, but not how do I get Concur to update and pay the airline?  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rrspencer Hello there. SAP Concur doesn't pay the airline. Concur Travel is just the reservation tool. Airfare is ticketed by your travel agency. You likely will need to rebook the flight since the card was not activated at the time of booking. 

Do you see the Airfare reservation on your Travel home screen under Upcoming Trips? If so, if it still says confirmed, you should be able to click the trip name and cancel it. Once that is done, try your booking again. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rrspencer

Thanks Kevin, I cancelled and rebooked.  That worked.