cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claire9676
Occasional Member - Level 2

Aer Lingus - New Carry on Baggage

Hi

Aer Lingus have introduced a new carry-on baggage policy which allows travellers to check in a 10kg onboard bag at the time of booking for free. If not added the travelers will be charged at the airport. How can this be booked via Concur?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@claire9676 do you know if this carry on policy is for any of their flights or is it for certain fare classes? Sounds like maybe a certain fare class allows this. If so, then you'll just need to find out which fare class it is an see if that is showing when booking in SAP Concur. You could probably reach out to your company's travel management company and ask them which fares offer this option. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
claire9676
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

I have found out some additional information:

Aer lingus saver fares include a 10kg check in bag but they now allow travellers to purchase carry-on priority boarding at a fee which allows travellers to take their check in bag on-board but there isn’t an option in concur/travelfusion to add this currently, if travellers just turn up to gate with a bag that should have been checked in they will charge them a fee. I am not sure how ancillaries can be included in Travelfusion, any ideas?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@claire9676 Travel isn't my forte, but I think because this is specific to Aer Lingus, I'm not sure it can be added in SAP Concur because it is a fee that is not directly related to the fare class, but an additional purchase. SAP Concur is going to show which fares are available, but not the add-ons people can purchase. I think you need to work directly with the Airline for those types of fees.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.