cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvonderach-extr
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Travel in India

Hello -   Can anyone who is using Concur Travel in India let me know how it is working, any implementation issues, the TMC you are working for, and anything to watch for when implementing?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Thanks for posting! 

This is a great question for the community. I am sure I have seen a few members coming from India. 

Anyone up for sharing some insights on implementation in India?

We also have our Concur Training site available for more of a self serve training experience.  

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
expensebrain
Occasional Member - Level 3

Generally, Concur Travel is working in India. Many companies are facing local issues like not accepting global policy for rental cars (local cars are far cheaper), or requiring services not available on Concur Travel, like Indian rail or long distance coach travel.

viele Grüße/ best regards

Michael Zwickl

expenseBrain GmbH

http://www.expensebrain.de/

Creating success in Travel Management

viele Grüsse/ best regards

Michael Zwickl
Solution Expert Travel & Expense
expenseBrain GmbH | Expertise in Expense Management

One of the first consultants for Travel Management in the cloud in Europe | 6 years with BCD Travel | 7 years with SAP | 8 years with expenseBrain
kvonderach-extr
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Michael - no issues with taxes if you have travelers in various states?

expensebrain
Occasional Member - Level 3

India introduced country wide VAT last year. Unfortunately, there are various VAT rates for multiple goods categories, and it is not always fully clear what category has to be applied. Local process owners might be able to help you. For certain combinations, audit rules giving warnings on entry or forwarding to audit will be a smart move.

viele Grüsse/ best regards

Michael Zwickl
Solution Expert Travel & Expense
expenseBrain GmbH | Expertise in Expense Management

One of the first consultants for Travel Management in the cloud in Europe | 6 years with BCD Travel | 7 years with SAP | 8 years with expenseBrain
sasrsc
Routine Member - Level 2

I am curious too. We have trying to launch Concur Travel for over a year now. Originally it seemed that Concur wasn't robust enough for the Indian market but now I feel like it's our TMC and the square peg/round hole scenario. Ideally we want to use individual corporate cards for purchase. You can't do that with ClearTrip (at least not through Concur) as that's by invoice (unless the agency would charge your cards). You could use Travel Fusion but then they charge a fee to be the merchant as for some reason both TF and CT are configured for invoicing only by default. 

Then we have the mess around VAT and invoicing for our 4 entities in India. All in all, this has been a nightmare experience compared to 60 other countries. India will be my last country to go live. If it ever does....