cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanda_rosti
Occasional Member - Level 1

Policy Best Practices

I have a few best practice questions that I was hoping everyone might be able to help me with. I'm hoping to find out what other companies are doing.

1) What is your company's policy for Mileage vs. Car Rental reimbursement?

One company suggested that a car rental be booked if the                                       planned trip is over 150 miles. 

2) Does your company reimburse associates for Uber BLACK or Lyft Lux transportation? To my knowledge, these are the equivalent of sedan service. What's your company's policy on misc. ground transportation?

3) How does your company reimburse remote associates and in-office associates for their cell phones and wi-fi online service fees? Do you have specific levels based on the associate's role, location, or amount of travel? If so, can you share your levels with me? We believe our current levels might be too high/out of touch with current pricing/needs.

4) Does your company allow employees to earn points on their Corporate Card spend for personal use through a corporate card rewards program/membership?

1 Solution
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello @amanda_rosti,

1) What is your company's policy for Mileage vs. Car Rental reimbursements? 200 miles is the maximum reimbursement. Over this, a rental car or alternate means (flight) must be taken. 

2) Does your company reimburse associates for Uber BLACK or Lyft Lux transportation? To my knowledge, these are the equivalent of sedan service. What's your company's policy on misc. ground transportation? We do not include this in the policy, but I have not seen bookings for these two types as yet.

3) How does your company reimburse remote associates and in-office associates for their cell phones and wi-fi online service fees? Do you have specific levels based on the associate's role, location, or amount of travel? If so, can you share your levels with me? We believe our current levels might be too high/out of touch with current pricing/needs. Remote associates can put their internet service through Concur monthly. Our company provides cell phones, so we do not reimburse for personal cell phones. The only exception is the reimbursement for international fees if they must use their personal cell phone while overseas and they do not have a company phone.

4) Does your company allow employees to earn points on their Corporate Card spend for personal use through a corporate card rewards program/membership? Not at this time.

Hope to see some more respones on this as well,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Amanda - I'll do my best here but will preface my responses as being part of Government in probably another country and we don't generally accept reinbursement claims - it's either on the corporate card or an advance is approved up front by a travel delegate.

1.  Prior to recent tax reporting legislation we paid the Traveller the lower of the two - Mileage v lowest practical airfare between the cities.  Where the trip did not have an airline equivalent, we paid the mileage.  Your question is great because it will make rethink our strategy.

2.  Uber X only - even that is not compulsory v traditional taxis - our Union is strong on that.

3. Out of pocket costs associated with these costs under $200 AUD per claim can be reinbursed with appropriate evidence - the phone bill showing a breakdown of charges.

4. No -points acquired through frequent flyer programs are not allowed for official flights - we have set this up with our TMC - we do allow status points to be accumulated because that may help reduce lounge membership costs for the organization for frequent flyers.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello @amanda_rosti,

1) What is your company's policy for Mileage vs. Car Rental reimbursements? 200 miles is the maximum reimbursement. Over this, a rental car or alternate means (flight) must be taken. 

2) Does your company reimburse associates for Uber BLACK or Lyft Lux transportation? To my knowledge, these are the equivalent of sedan service. What's your company's policy on misc. ground transportation? We do not include this in the policy, but I have not seen bookings for these two types as yet.

3) How does your company reimburse remote associates and in-office associates for their cell phones and wi-fi online service fees? Do you have specific levels based on the associate's role, location, or amount of travel? If so, can you share your levels with me? We believe our current levels might be too high/out of touch with current pricing/needs. Remote associates can put their internet service through Concur monthly. Our company provides cell phones, so we do not reimburse for personal cell phones. The only exception is the reimbursement for international fees if they must use their personal cell phone while overseas and they do not have a company phone.

4) Does your company allow employees to earn points on their Corporate Card spend for personal use through a corporate card rewards program/membership? Not at this time.

Hope to see some more respones on this as well,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator