cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 2

It's 2020. Who's your TMC (Travel Management Company)?

We are required to compete our travel management services this year and will be sending out a request for proposals in the coming months. We would love to hear which companies you all are using. Are you happy with them? Are there others you've heard good things about? 

Our current volume handled by our TMC is about 4,000 trips (75% domestic U.S.) and about $2.5M per year. 

Does Concur offer a list of TMC partners? 

14 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: It's 2020. Who's your TMC (Travel Management Company)?

HI @jwild

Great question! I am sure others have wondered the same thing.

Here is a complete list of our TMC partners: https://www.concur.com/en-us/partners/search?name=&type_id=376&country=All&state=All

You can use this partner search feature to discover all types of companies we partner with. Just us the sidebar to adjust your search criteria.  

I look forward to hearing from your fellow Community Members on their TMC experiences. 

Hope this helps!

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager
Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 3

We operate as a CTD within the USA (30,000 trips / year roughly) and then use FCM outside of the USA (serving mostly locally) in 53 countries. 70,000 trips in total. Every country is on Concur Travel (except RU, CN). Just a few more countries to go to finish our global program. 

I think you'll find that loads of different TMC's are used. Personally I think they are all very similar and there's very little to differentiate between them.  I think stability to a program helps and it takes months to get to know your partner. But each to their own! Finding a partner you know and trust is important. No-one is perfect and there's no clear winner. We had some unique thoughts about our program and we needed someone to be flexible with us while partnering and implementing the program. We selected FCM over 3 years ago and they've been a solid partner. 

You'll have some thoughts about what is important to you and I'd match that to the agency that seems to excel in that area for you. Fulfilling Concur is a breeze so that's not a differentiator. Good luck. 

Highlighted

What is a CTD? 

Highlighted

CTD=Corporate Travel Department.

Essentially it's a setup where you (the company) owns a travel agency "license".

Armed with that, you can potentially issue all your own tickets and not use a travel agency. That's one extreme where you "in source" everything.

But on the other hand you can own a license and then outsource all the processes with a travel agency.

There are many pros and cons to this... and it's not for the feint at heart but ... with it you'll own all the commission - it comes to you and it just pours in. When we did this the TMC (a different one and this is 15 years ago) used to give us our hotel commission back and we'd get back about $100K annually. The minute we became a CTD the checks would come out of the woodwork and we got back about $400K and it was the same amount of bookings!!! Go figure. 

In our case, we do in source everything except the after hours service. We are one extreme setup. There are no two CTD's set up the same way. I'm happy to talk more offline if you wish... 

In our setup I have a team of 14 people including myself handling regular corporate travel + events + private jets. We use the best travel automation out there (the same as available to travel agencies) and I have all experienced agents. Everything is customized to us. As I said, it's not for everyone but it's just the way we opted to do it. We are a private company.

Wow, that's very interesting! I don't think we're in a position to go that route but I really appreciate the information! 

Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 1

Have you heard of TravelPerk?

https://www.travelperk.com/

They offer the worlds largest bookable inventory 

Highlighted

We're a CTD here too but use BCD Travel as a back office and 24/7 support when our internal agents are offline.

Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 1

@AshleyB is it mandatory to have a TMC within Concur? Our travelers have been reporting issues with our current TMC (DT), and we're trying to communicate the benefit to having the travel agency. At this point, the travelers are providing the feedback that it's preferred to speak with the airlines/hotels themselves. We, the admins, have been back and forth the with travel agency with the complaints and not much has resulted from these issues. Not to mention the fees the travelers get dinged with when contacting the agency or even just for booking their travel, is causing a headache of it's own.

Highlighted

There will be plenty of TMC's big and small represented at Fusion,  Get your wish list together and visit everyone you can.  Ask the questions, book a meeting. I don't think you will get pricing but a ballpark figure will give you an idea. 

Check out JTB Business Travel offerings at Fusion. 

Maria Steen