cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jps
Occasional Member - Level 1

System not asking for policy

So I am quite new to Invoice, but I do know that our company has 2 invoice policies: PO and Non-PO, and they both are set up for our users group ("is active for group").

Question is, why when I start a Request, I don't have the option to select the policy and the system automatically prompts for a PO number, when in my understanding it should first ask which policy I will use..... any hints?

1 Solution
Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @jps ,

Invoice Owner - is someone who owns the invoice. They can create their own invoices, access assigned invoices. This is just a terminology. Once an invoice is assigned to a user then that person becomes the owner of that invoice. There is no role with this name. Once this setting is enabled under group configuration, every user assigned into that specific group will be able to create an invoice from their own profile. 

Invoice User - This is a role and it will be available in employee profile. At the time of creating an employee profile, everyone will be given an invoice user role. With this role they can access invoice functionality, meaning they can access only those invoices which are assigned to them. They won't be able to create new invoice on their own.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @jps ,

By default, policy will be set it as Non-PO policy and PO number field will be optional. Also, Policy field will always be read only.

In case if you enter valid PO number which is available in Concur, then upon invoice details/header save, system will automatically update Policy from Non-PO policy to PO policy.

This is how it works.

Let's say, PO number which you are entering that is not yet available in Concur, then system will not update policy field and it will still show Non-PO policy as there is no PO number found in system.  To update PO policy automatically, PO should be exists in Concur.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
jps

thanks Pooja, but the funny is that I don't see the option "create new invoice" like the image below, may be some missing permission?

jps_0-1728581734689.png

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @jps ,

To do below changes you must have Invoice configuration administrator (unrestricted or restricted) access.

Go to Group Configuration >> Invoice tab >> double click to open Invoice group >> enable below setting:

After this, you will get that option.

PoojaKumatkar_0-1728584174093.png

If this answer's your query, then please mark solutions as accepted.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
jps

Hi Pooja, this may be the solution since in my group it is not marked but I did not understand what Invoice Owner actually means, is it a role? Because I didn't find this role in the list also. appreciated your time

Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @jps ,

Invoice Owner - is someone who owns the invoice. They can create their own invoices, access assigned invoices. This is just a terminology. Once an invoice is assigned to a user then that person becomes the owner of that invoice. There is no role with this name. Once this setting is enabled under group configuration, every user assigned into that specific group will be able to create an invoice from their own profile. 

Invoice User - This is a role and it will be available in employee profile. At the time of creating an employee profile, everyone will be given an invoice user role. With this role they can access invoice functionality, meaning they can access only those invoices which are assigned to them. They won't be able to create new invoice on their own.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
jps

thanks once again Pooja