cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monteypoo
Occasional Member - Level 2

Permissions required to view/edit Workflows

Can someone tell me the permission group that is required to view/edit Invoice Workflows please.

1 Solution
Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @monteypoo ,

You need Invoice Configuration Administrator (Unrestricted) role to edit the workflow. You will not find this role listed under user permissions. 

Only one profile will have this role which has been used during project implementation.

If this answers your query, then please mark solution as accepted. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @monteypoo ,

You need Invoice Configuration Administrator (Unrestricted) role to edit the workflow. You will not find this role listed under user permissions. 

Only one profile will have this role which has been used during project implementation.

If this answers your query, then please mark solution as accepted. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
monteypoo

@PoojaKumatkar Thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to ask Concur to assign this role to more than one profile?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @monteypoo ,

May I know why do you need this access? 

Usually, unrestricted role is given only when there is a requirement of new country/legal entity implementation. 

OR 

If you are handling or working on AMS support for any client. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
monteypoo

Hi Pooja,

I would like to define a cost object approver by the expense type of an invoice. My understanding is that in order to accomplish this I would need to firstly ensure that cost object approvers are included in the workflow steps, and then under feature hierarchies I would need to set the source list to the list that contains our expense types.

I'm assuming that the feature hierarchies is a sub-menu within the workflows and it's not possible for me to view or edit the hierarchies without the permissions you mentioned. Is that correct?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @monteypoo ,

Yes, your understanding is correct. After adding authorized or cost object approver step in workflow you need to configure feature hierarchy based on the list against which we can define AA or COA approvers. This requires unrestricted access.

Regarding feature hierarchy source list - Please note that, under source list you will not get standard expense type list as it is one of the configuration item. Under feature hierarchy list you will only get those lists which are configured under list management. 

Hope you are aware of this. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
monteypoo

@PoojaKumatkar 

Thanks, this makes sense.

One last question: Let's say that we have an invoice for $1000, and we set cost object approvers as follows:

Approver 1 $2000
Approver 2 $10,000

Approver 3 $100,000

Will the invoice route to all 3 cost object approvers, or once approved by Approver 1 the approval requirements are satisfied? I have been lead to believe that it may be necessary to add "skip-steps" to prevent the invoice from going through all of the cost object approvers e.g. If invoice total <$2000 then skip Approver 2 and 3. Is this true?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @monteypoo ,

You cannot add multiple cost object approver steps in workflow. Once used, you will not see cost object approver role while adding new workflow step.

Regarding limits, if you want sequential approval then do not select below check box 'cost object direct approval'.  This checkbox is only used in case if you want your PR/Invoice to directly go to the correct approver who has the limit authority to approve PR/Invoice. 

PoojaKumatkar_0-1729696077043.png

Ex. Invoice Total = $200

Approver 1 = $100

Approver 2 = $200

Approver 3 = $300

Approver 4 = $400

Scenario 1: Sequential Approval.  (direct approval checkbox is not checked)

Here, invoice will first go the approver 1 and then it will go to approver 2 as approver 2 has authority to approve invoices which are more that $100 and less than or equal $200.  System will automatically skip approver 3 and approver 4 bcz invoice is less than $300 and $400.

Scenario 2: Direct Approval (checkbox is checked)

Here, invoice will directly go to approver 2 since they have limit authority to approve invoices which are below or equal $200. 

Now based on your requirement you can configure your workflow.

Hope I have cleared all your doubts and now there are no more questions. 

Happy learning! 🙂

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja