cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristianE
Occasional Member - Level 2

Invoice AP User Role vs Invoice Processor Role

Hi,

What would be the difference between these two roles?

Should Accounts Payable staff have Invoice AP user, and business users to code and submit invoices have Invoice Processor?

I am reading from page 29 and 30 of this document online.

Shared: User Administrator User Guide (concurtraining.com)

thanks,

Christian

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChristianE To answer your question, I wouldn't say it is correct to have AP Users with the processor role, but it certainly is an option. I think most companies do you have AP Users as the Processors, but technically any user in the system can be given the processor role. 

I probably would recommend that AP Users give final approval, so they really only should need the Processor role. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChristianE Invoice Processors are usually the last person to review it and give final approval. This isn't always the case if your workflow calls for processors to review before managers for some reason, but this is the easiest way to think of it. Whomever should be giving final approval, should have the processor role. 

Invoice AP Users do not do approvals. 

I hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ChristianE

@KevinD thanks for your reply Kevin. We are just trying to understand our set up and optimise the accesses. The AP team here are reviewing and approving after an invoice/expense has been approved by the manager.

So if this is the workflow path, is it correct to have AP users with Invoice Processor role?

Can you suggest what the role/s should be assigned to AP given that they are 1. work flowing to business users, then 2. performing final approval after manager approval? 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChristianE To answer your question, I wouldn't say it is correct to have AP Users with the processor role, but it certainly is an option. I think most companies do you have AP Users as the Processors, but technically any user in the system can be given the processor role. 

I probably would recommend that AP Users give final approval, so they really only should need the Processor role. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ChristianE

thank you @KevinD