This content from the SAP Concur Community was machine translated for your convenience. SAP does not provide any guarantee regarding the correctness or completeness of this machine translated text. View original text custom.banner_survey_translated_text
Hello SAP Concur Community,
Can any one share how to go about entering a vendor credit memo in Concur? I am in search of a step-by-step guide I can provide my team. I've searched the Invoice setup and user guides and there is nothing that mentions how to enter a credit memo (credit note) in the Concur Invoice Module.
Any tips , guides or links to my request are greatly appreciated!
@accounts2pay I posted your question internally and this is the information I received. I hope it helps.
Concur will only keep track of credit memos for clients who use Invoice Pay. You can turn this setting on by selecting: Invoice > Payments > Payment Manager > Funding Accounts or Check Configurations > Open your funding account/check configuration and change Apply Credit Memo to Yes.
Credit Memo Facts:
1. The vendor code and address code must match in the credit memo and Invoice in order for the credit memo to apply.
2. A credit memo will apply to a payment demand. This means, there can be multiple smaller invoices that equal a sum large enough to offset the credit memo.
3. Credit Memos cannot manually be applied to invoices. The system will automatically do this.
4. The payment demand must be larger than the credit memo in order for the credit to apply. If the payment demand and credit memo are equal to each other, the credit memo will not apply, as invoice pay cannot issue payment on a zero dollar invoice.
5. The payment methods must match. For example, if a the payment method is Check, in order for the credit memo to apply, the payment method for the credit memo must be Check as well.
Hello @KevinD ,
Thank you for the information! That is what I read in the guides, however, the solution to my question remains unclear. How does one (an AP clerk user) enter a credit memo into Concur?
Do I enter an "invoice" with a negative amount on the expense line and this creates the credit memo? Or...
Do I have to create it in the Funding account configuration module?
@accounts2pay I'm seeing if I can get some clarification. Invoice isn't my strong suit. 🙂
@accounts2pay you will create a negative invoice, but if you aren't using Invoice Pay, then Concur will not track it. You would have to manually manage the tracking of the credit.
We don't use Invoice Pay, so we do manually manage the credit tracking. It works well for us.
I created a "test" credit memo with the negative amount in Invoices and don't seem to have a problem with it flowing through to our invoice history. This may not work for everyone tho.