cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSteph
Occasional Member - Level 1

Enhancement Request - Notification to Vendor Manager When New Vendor Added

I asked this question on a support ticket:

Is there any option to notify our Vendor Managers when a request for a new vendor has been submitted by a user? We're looking for something that triggers upon submission.

This is the response from Concur:

There is not an email notification to Vendor Managers when a new vendor request is submitted. When users may request new vendors in Concur, the best practice is for Vendor Managers to regularly monitor the queue in the Vendor Manager tool for User Requested Vendors.

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JSteph did you submit this enhancement request through our CEI program?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JSteph
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can you please provide a link? I tried searching and all I can find is general information, no actual link to where you submit an idea.

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @JSteph ,

I think there is no direct solution for this. However, you can try below workaround:

1. Go to invoice approval workflow and add new step before vendor approval with below conditions. Done

Note - Please note that, it will trigger only basic email notification with some default text configured in workflow. Vendor manager will not receive any additional information related to the newly requested vendor. Upon receiving email they can go to the Vendor Manger section and see vendors pending for their approval. 

I have tried this solution in our internal sandbox and it is working as per my testing.

PoojaKumatkar_1-1720420598020.png

PoojaKumatkar_0-1720420534901.png

PoojaKumatkar_2-1720420747169.png

PoojaKumatkar_3-1720420902236.png

Testing:

1. Click on Invoice >> Create new invoice >> Request New vendor >> fill in all the required details 

2. fill in invoice header details

3. fill in line item details

4. submit invoice

5. vendor manager will receive email notification as shown below.

PoojaKumatkar_4-1720421315050.png

PoojaKumatkar_6-1720421431778.png

6. Vendor manager can open, save and approve vendors.

7. next approval process will happen as per defined workflow

8. Done

I hope it would help. 

Thanks!