cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabithahunt
Occasional Member - Level 1

Delayed Checks

Hello. I recently got a message from Concur that checks are not going out since 2/20. Does anyone know if this is resolved or how long it will be until this is fixed? 

17 REPLIES 17
SB1
Occasional Member - Level 3

They are still waiting to hear back from their internal Third Party Risk and Legal teams regarding more information specific to this situation. 

msellers
Occasional Member - Level 2

I requested an update on the progress, but no response.    Now, it appears Payment Manager is now messed up.

svahtidahl

How is your Payment Manager messed up?  Ours has been voiding all new checks since the delayed batches, claiming the vendors' mailing addresses are invalid, but of course these are all old vendors we send checks to all the time.  Checks that were marked as "issued" last week were marked as void due to this error two days ago, and no response from support yet.  Can't be sure if this is related to the delay, but it seems checks aren't working at all now.  We're scrambling to get more check vendors set up for ACH, and have a lot of bad data to correct in our back-end system now.

svahtidahl

I assume the rest of you received the update through support ticket last week, but just in case: Concur was manually voiding our checks on purpose to enable the ability to switch them over to Client or ACH.  The problem there is that, at least for me, when I select one of these failed checks and click to switch it to ACH, I get the error "Payment method can only be changed for payment demands with a status of Unsent or Failed."  This of course is a bug, because I am only attempting this on checks that are clearly marked as failed.  I've replied to the support ticket and contacted our account manager about the bug, but no reply on the ticket yet and the account manager ignored the question and replied to something else instead.

mbah

I was wondering if there is now an issue with ACH batch payments as well, on top of not being able to cut checks. I noticed two days ago the date the batch was to be "funded" there was no debit to our account. The lack of communication from Concur on all of this is quite unacceptable.

svahtidahl

Strange.  Our bank account still has regular Bambora withdrawals, all looks normal with ACH.  It wouldn't make sense for the CHC disruption to affect Bambora, two different 3rd party payment processors that Concur uses.

mbah

Good to know, maybe it is just us? I saw Bambora had a disruption in service two days ago, but we still are not seeing debits to our account and all batches are pending payment. We have submitted a case and reached out to our account manager, but haven't heard anything yet.

kkelly012

I cannot believe this is still down.  My team is scrambling now and having to do extra work to try and get vendors paid.  The response from SAP has been unacceptable and I expect them to compensate us for this issue.

jewishfedpb

I don't think this is getting resolved anytime soon.  Google "Change Healthcare Cyber Attack".

svahtidahl

I agree.  Recovering from a ransomware attack that big can take a really long time.  It can easily take 24 hours to decrypt just 2TB of data, and there's no guarantee all the files will come out clean.  Ransomware is sophisticated but the decryptors the hackers sell you are poor quality; the ransoming is the priority, not the return.  Also, CHC mostly handles healthcare payments, so those of us using their services just to pay our employer's bills are probably last on the list to get help.

amedina

How did the "Change Healthcare Cyber Attack" effect SAP Concur?

svahtidahl

Concur uses Change Healthcare as a check provider for its customers.  If you produce check payments through Concur, it's actually Change Healthcare producing and mailing those checks.  That is, Change Healthcare was producing your checks until this cyber attack we're talking about.

MichaelG1

We are going on a month without being able to send vendors checks through Concur. Is there any plan to resolve this? Its odd that there is no backup plan still. 

kkelly012

It's mindblowing this is still going on.  Totally unacceptable.  We've had to pay over $500 to get checks from our bank and then postage on top of that plus all of the time myself and my AP person has spent on this.  They better reimburse us for this.  

dkapetan
New Member - Level 3

Any recommendations for a new checking printing vendor?

mbah

No recommendation, but I guess it is time to start looking.

SB1
Occasional Member - Level 3

We are starting to look at other options however, no recommendation as of now.