cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SidH1984
Occasional Member - Level 1

Commas, pipes and asterix symbols

When working in Invoice Capture, most of the invoices I receive cause the following error message: Line Description-Action: comma, pipe and asterix symbols are not allowed in this field.  The descriptions are pulled from our invoices and the descriptions our vendors use commonly contain commas for the most part.  Having to physically go through each invoice, then each line, just to remove the commas is VERY time consuming.  Is there a fix or a work-around I could use to help speed up the time it takes me in Capture?  Thanks for any help!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SidH1984 I know there is a validation option that might be set as a default to not allow Pipe characters. You would need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur to see if they can remove this and other special characters from not being allowed.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SidH1984 I know there is a validation option that might be set as a default to not allow Pipe characters. You would need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur to see if they can remove this and other special characters from not being allowed.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SidH1984
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin - thank you for your reply.  I gave your answer to our IT Department.  While they answered this setting was for a reason, they are going to look into at least getting the commas accepted (but no promise!  LOL).

Sid