cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadmilaP
Occasional Member - Level 2

Change Order - what can be amended

Good afternoon, 

Can I decrease the amount of the purchase order with Change Order. I know I can add additional items to the Purchase Order, but what if I want to adjust the value of it?

We have implemented cost centres, and currently I do not have the option to change the cost centre via Change Order. Can I configure which fields I want to amend in Change Order?

Thank you, 

1 Solution
Solution
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@RadmilaP Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. It looks like your company has the setting enabled to allow a purchase request owner to edit a purchase order. Below are the steps the purchase owner can follow:

Once the feature has been enabled, the Purchase Order can be edited with the following steps:
  1. Locate the purchase order from which you would like to create a change order by clicking Requests > Purchase Requests > My Purchase Orders
  2. Click Actions > Create Change Order
The purchase order will now return to the original purchase request, and an icon appears on the now unsubmitted purchase request.

The purchase request user can now add new line items to the purchase request by opening the purchase request and clicking Add. Apart from adding line items, the purchase request user can edit, delete, or distribute line(s) they have just added. When the purchase request user has added the desired line items, click Save

Note: All other fields will be read-only, such as vendor details and the unit price & quantity of pre-existing line items within the Purchase Request/Order.

After saving the purchase request, the purchase request user is taken back to the purchase request details page from which they can click Submit to send the purchase request for approval. The purchase request will go through the same approval workflow as previously.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@RadmilaP Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. It looks like your company has the setting enabled to allow a purchase request owner to edit a purchase order. Below are the steps the purchase owner can follow:

Once the feature has been enabled, the Purchase Order can be edited with the following steps:
  1. Locate the purchase order from which you would like to create a change order by clicking Requests > Purchase Requests > My Purchase Orders
  2. Click Actions > Create Change Order
The purchase order will now return to the original purchase request, and an icon appears on the now unsubmitted purchase request.

The purchase request user can now add new line items to the purchase request by opening the purchase request and clicking Add. Apart from adding line items, the purchase request user can edit, delete, or distribute line(s) they have just added. When the purchase request user has added the desired line items, click Save

Note: All other fields will be read-only, such as vendor details and the unit price & quantity of pre-existing line items within the Purchase Request/Order.

After saving the purchase request, the purchase request user is taken back to the purchase request details page from which they can click Submit to send the purchase request for approval. The purchase request will go through the same approval workflow as previously.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RadmilaP

@leedau thank you for the response. 

Where can I see the Change Order details? All I can see is Information. Purchase Order was changed, and that is it. I can not see the approval workflow in which queue it is. All that is available is the audit trail. 

maria2

Hi @RadmilaP  I have a question about this also. How do you enable to allow the purchase request owner to edit a purchase order? 

RadmilaP

Hi @maria2 It terms of amending the items on an PO the only thing that can be amended are the bill to/ship to address, the GL code used. Maybe some custom fields that you have. However, in terms of amending the quantity, price, vendor ect... the PR requestor needs initiate a Change Order. 

maria2

@RadmilaP how can I activate the Create Change Order? Mine is grayed out.

RadmilaP

@maria2  that means that you are not the owner of the PO. Assign the PO to yourself and you will be able to execute the Change order. The assign function is in the same tab as the the Change Order. Note that once you make a Change Order you can not amend the existing lines you can only add items. The vendor will receive then an updated PO, last page of the PO will deliver details of the change

maria2

@RadmilaP the Assign to New Owner is also grayed out. Is this something the SAP Tech Support needs to do on the back end?