cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkaydin
Occasional Member - Level 2

Concur Invoice - Reporting

We are planning to go live with Invoice in July. We are facing challenges with the reporting:

1. Finding reports to meet our needs ( among ~30 delivered reports )
  2. Finding expertise creating reports

Does anyone have similar challenges? Would you be interested in forming a group to exchange stories, gotchas, lessons learned?

10 REPLIES 10
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hello,

Thank you for posting!

A knowledge sharing group is a great use of this new digital space. We do have some different reporting tool options, so you may want to clarify you are looking for other users of Analytics (our newer reporting product) or Intelligence.  I look forward to learn what some of our other community members are doing. You can also find more information on both tools on our Concur Training platform.

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mkaydin
Occasional Member - Level 2

Ashley,

Thanks for your response. Which options do I currently have for Concur Invoice Management reporting? Where can I access training materials?

Thanks,

MK

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @mkaydin,

There are two options for reporting, Analytics and Intelligence. You can learn more about how to best use these tools to support your business on our Concur Training site. Find the reporting trainings here: http://www.concurtraining.com/pr/reporting/resources 

I am sure your fellow admins and Community members will have some great insight too! 

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KSoeltner
Occasional Member - Level 1

We are in process of rolling out Invoice as well and the business units have asked about gaining access to reports on their invoices approved, etc.  So if I am reading the chain correctly, we will have to grant access to Intelligence for Managers, etc you want to get dashboards or reports from Concur Invoice?  I believe those are individual licenses as an add-on, correct?  Or are the 30 or so delivered reports separate from Intelligence?

Thanks for the info!

Kelley

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Small clarification for you...all those designated as Invoice approvers and Expense report approvers should have access to Cognos as a BI Manager. This does not use a Cognos licensed role and gives them access to see data for their direct and indirect reports. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
edennis

We have the standard edition.  Does the BI Manager role exist for us?  I only see options for Consumer, Business Author and Professional Author.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

In Standard, you do not assign the BI Manager permission as it it not available, but all those designated as Approvers wil have access to Cognos and can see data for their direct reports only. So, it works the same as the BI Manager permission, but you don't actually assign BI Managers in Standard.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
enfleming

We went live in the fall of 2018 with one of our policies (companies), and the reporting users I support have also struggled with creating reports, as well as having Concur create custom reports on our behalf. I hope you have found some guidance and/or resolution to your issues.

For creating reports, we find the documentation to be a weak, often not providing much guidance on where the data "lives" in the warehouse nor on how to build reports using Cognos. Lack of training beyond their documentation has been practically unavailable without a lot of "noise" sent up the sales channels.  In the end, we requested a custom report from Concur, for which we were willing to pay, only to find out that the data we need in the report (the same data that displays in the UI on a single screen) is not available in the warehouse. Instead, our only option to satisfy our auditors is to take screen shots from the Invoice detail screen and print it to pdf. Even with training and reading the documentation, we find reporting to be incredibly difficult in Concur.

I know I just went on a rant, and I'm slightly sorry for that - if you do find any useful resources for reporting, please post them for the rest of us, and I will do the same.

SZWarner

Hi!  I know you mentioned you went live in the fall of 2018, so it's been awhile, but I'm curious which field wasn't in the data warehouse.  We're just going live, and I don't want any surprises with the audit.

Thank you!

Sandy

SZWarner

We're looking for some help too.  I wasn't sure which type of reporting you were referring to - for JE's or for analysis.  Our GL does not interface with Concur Invoice so we're looking for reports we can use for our journal entries for the payments, specifically checks, which are more of a concern.   In order for our daily bank rec to work, I need to see individual checks (ACH batch is ok).  We're going live at the end of August, and we don't know yet if we could be doing JE's daily for the bank rec.  We're also looking for 1099 reports which no one seems to know about.