cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren1980
New Member - Level 1

trying to submit an expense report.

This report could not be submitted. Missing the required approver for next workflow step. You may be able to select an approver; otherwise contact your Expense administrator for assistance.  

This is the message I get when trying to submit an expense report.  I have submitted expense reports in the past and have not had an issue.  The person this report is supposed to go to doesn't understand either, can someone help me.

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

This looks to be a question specific to your company, so you would need to contact your finance department. They should be able to connect you to your Concur administrator to see what the issue is. Also, many companies put that information on the Concur home page. Hopefully, you can find your internal team and get the answer.

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lauren1980 Hello there. I'd like to take a look at your report. Can you please send me a private message with your full company name and the login ID you use when you access Concur? 

Let me know if you need help sending a private message.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
yutoliho
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello I have the same problem, now I am stuck overseas trying despicably to book a ticket back, please take a look, my company name is SF Motors Inc. Santa Clara, and my email: tong.yu@driveseres.com

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yutoliho Hello there. I'm a little unclear...you are having an issue submitting an expense report or booking a trip? This thread was about not being able to submit a report, but you mentioned trying to book a ticket back. Also, I can proxy into your profile, but I can only see things that are expense related, I'm not able to see anything related to travel other than what you have entered on your travel profile. 

If the issue is with booking a flight, are you receiving an error message when trying to book? Lastly, when you log into SAP Concur, look in the Company Notes section for information on getting Support. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
yutoliho
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. 

The issue is related to getting my request approved by the company, I am trying to book a ticket through the request center and get it approved, however, concur gets me and my bosses to go into this circle where the person is assigned to approve my request needs to assign a second person for further approval in order for the first person to approve me, and the second person needs to assign a third person in order for the second person to be able to approve me ... 

I can't attach images here. Basically, when the approver tries to click on "Approve", an error message pops up saying "Missing the required approver for the next workflow step." 

Please help. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yutoliho I looked at your site and the workflow setup requires 4 approvals (see screenshot below). I think the hang up is the Executive Delegate approval step because it doesn't have a name listed when you look at the workflow trail. I do see on your most recent Request that someone added an approver (Haiyan Gong). So, for it to move forward, Haiyan needs to approve the request. Sounds like though that is where the issue is, correct? When Haiyan tries to approve it says there is no approver. When I looked at the workflow it says the Executive Delegate step appears to need a Level 2 approver and the only person I saw is for this is Yu Zhang. However, the way your workflow is set up the Authorized Approvers are based on Department. Yu is set up as the Authorized Approver for the Finance department, so the only way the Executive Delegate approval step gets populated with Yu's name is if someone assigned to the Finance Department submits a travel request. Since you are not in the Finance Department, the system does not route it to Yu for the Executive Delegate approval step.

As far as I can tell and from what I've seen, the workflow wasn't created correctly and is going to need some adjusting or others will have the same issue you are having. 

I think for now, see if you can get Haiyan to go into SAP Concur and open your request. I think there should be an Approve & Forward button. Have them click this button. They will see a little window appear. The window will have a search field. Have Haiyan enter Zhang in this field to search for Yu. When the name appears, tell Haiyan to click Yu's name to select them as the next approver. Then have Haiyan click Approve on this little window. This will allow Haiyan to approve and then send to Yu. 

Have them try this and let me know if it works. Yu is listed as the last approver for the CEO Approval step, but if Yu approves it after Haiyan forwards it to him/her it should count as both the Executive Delegate approval and CEO Approval. 

KevinD_0-1634659706553.png

Good luck and please let me know what happens. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey