cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llp
New Member - Level 1

red flag error for travel meal exceeding daily limit; only one meal that does not exceed the limit

Getting a red flag error for travel meal exceeding daily limit; only one meal listed on a hotel bill that does not exceed the limit. Have added comments regarding the date and cost for the one meal in the itemizations; flag will not go way and I cannot submit the expense.  Looking for help!

1 REPLY 1
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

HI @llp ,

You must have created and claimed travel meal expense type for the same transaction date in previously submitted expense report. Hence when you are trying to create travel meal expense type for same date it is giving you error message saying your daily limit is exceeded.

Please check below things:

1. Into your current expense report where you are getting error msg, check what transaction date you have entered. Lets say example 11/10/2024.

2. Now check previously submitted few expense reports and check whether that report has travel meal expense type and same transaction date as 11/10/2024.  If you find such expense entry in previously submitted report then system behavior is correct and it means, you have already claimed per day amount for 11/10/2024 date. And now you cannot to claim it again for the same date . If you try to do that then it will exceed your daily limit and system will throw error.

in such cases you cannot claim expenses once daily limit is over for the particular transaction date. 

Another scenario is when you have not fully consumed your limit. lets say you have claimed half amount in previous report for the transaction date 11/10/2024 then in current report you can claim your remaining amount (from the available per day limit) for the same date 11/10/2024.

Example:

Total travel meal daily limit = $100

Previous report : 11/10/2024 - Travel meal - $70

Current report:  11/10/2024 - Travel meal - $30 (here, $70 I have already consumed in my previous report, now I can only claim $30 even if I want to claim more bcz my limit is upto $100 per day.)

Upcoming report: 11/10/2024 - Travel meal - $50 - (system will throw error message as I have already consumed my daily limit in previous report for the same transaction date.)

Try above suggested solution and check whether you are able to submit expense report.

If your issue gets resolved, then please mark solution as accepted.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja