cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hughestm
New Member - Level 1

mobile app says no default browser detected

I downloaded the app through my company portal and immediately upon opening the app I received the message "The SAP Concur Mobile app was not able to detect a default browser on this device. Please make sure to seta a default browser in order to use the app." I have checked on my mobile device and a default browser is selected. Not only is one selected, there is only one browser available on my device, so the default is the only browser available. The only option is to click "ok" with this notification and the app closes. I cannot get past this point. It wil not allow me to log in.  How do I resolve this issue?

1 Solution
Solution
jstratton
New Member - Level 1

I have an Android phone with a "personal" and "work" profile.  I got the same error message after I installed the app while in the work profile.  I then installed Chrome while in the work profile (even though it was already installed in the personal profile and was set as the default browser), and didn't see the error after that.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hughestm I posted your issue internally. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scottmcgrath
New Member - Level 1

Having the same issue, will keep an eye out here, cheers

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hughestm here is the answer I received from my mobile support team:

"they'll need to reach out to their IT team so they can assist. As the user downloads the app through the company portal, this means that they use some type of MDM (mobile device management), so the IT team needs to investigate why the use receives that error when downloading the app they provide through the MDM. If they download from the App Store or Play Store directly, they wouldn't receive that error if they have a default browser set up, so the IT team/MDM provider are responsible for investigating the error"

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jtwis
Occasional Member - Level 1

Kevin, 

Could you get a little more information from the internal team? I am the IT for my company and we are getting this, when we download the app from the play store as well and not our MDM. We have tried to change the default browsers. Downloading different browsers and setting them as default. 

amarquart

Hello all, did anyone ever figure out a resolution to this? We've got a user that downloaded the app to their phone straight from the Google Play Store and it's giving them this message.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amarquart I posted your question internally. I'll see what our mobile team says. I have a feeling they are going to come back and say that the error in question only appears if the user downloaded the app from a link provided by the company. Anyway, I'll see what their response is and let you know.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
amarquart

Awesome, thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amarquart do you know if the user having the issue has set a default browser on their mobile device? If yes, please ask them what the default browser is. If not, have them set Chrome as the default. 

Please let me know what the user says about their default browser.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
amarquart

Yes, Chrome is set as the default browser on the device.

Solution
jstratton
New Member - Level 1

I have an Android phone with a "personal" and "work" profile.  I got the same error message after I installed the app while in the work profile.  I then installed Chrome while in the work profile (even though it was already installed in the personal profile and was set as the default browser), and didn't see the error after that.