cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdepoli
Occasional Member - Level 2

how to match an available expense to a credit card transaction

Hi, how do I match an expense I already created in a report to the relative credit card transaction?

I know it should work automatically but I do not know how and I do not know where to find an information about this.

Is there any course for this basic topic?

thanks in advance

Moritz

2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdepoli if you have an expense entry on an expense report and the credit card transaction is in your Available Expenses, you can add the credit card charge to the report. Once the card charge is added, you can select both items (using the little checkbox to the left) and then click Combine. Let me know if this works.

P.S. If you create an expense on a report then a card charge for the entry comes in, the system will not match them automatically. Automatic matching happens for ExpenseIt items and E-receipts that have come into your Available Expenses, but haven't been added to a report yet. When an item is already on a report, the system cannot combine it with a credit card charge that has uploaded to your Available Expenses. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
ruggierow
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi!

As an admin this is hard to test when you don't have a Corp credit card.  Just to clarify, when you say e-receipts does this include those you take with your phone camera?  Also, if you move any receipt over prior the credit card transaction coming in then the end-user has to go to the desktop to manually match?  There is not a lot of information when using the Corp Credit Card with ExpenseIt and trying to write the steps in bullet form but our CAO is also asking why you have to wait to move the receipts over and what happens if you do not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
c1sleigh

This might be the information you are looking for:

Match and Unmatch Transactions (concurtraining.com)

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdepoli if you have an expense entry on an expense report and the credit card transaction is in your Available Expenses, you can add the credit card charge to the report. Once the card charge is added, you can select both items (using the little checkbox to the left) and then click Combine. Let me know if this works.

P.S. If you create an expense on a report then a card charge for the entry comes in, the system will not match them automatically. Automatic matching happens for ExpenseIt items and E-receipts that have come into your Available Expenses, but haven't been added to a report yet. When an item is already on a report, the system cannot combine it with a credit card charge that has uploaded to your Available Expenses. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mdepoli

perfect Kevin, this was exactly the answer I was looking for!

Solution
ruggierow

Hi!

As an admin this is hard to test when you don't have a Corp credit card.  Just to clarify, when you say e-receipts does this include those you take with your phone camera?  Also, if you move any receipt over prior the credit card transaction coming in then the end-user has to go to the desktop to manually match?  There is not a lot of information when using the Corp Credit Card with ExpenseIt and trying to write the steps in bullet form but our CAO is also asking why you have to wait to move the receipts over and what happens if you do not.

EricaHerwig

Kevin, I'm experiencing this working for my test users but not my production users. I found a link here from Concur dated 5/20/21 and that states we need to detach receipts first?  Is this accurate?  What's the point of using Expense it if I have to detach the receipt before I match it to the Pcard transaction? I'm not sure what other step I'm missing and am hoping you have some suggestions 🙂  Thank you!