cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgirold2
New Member - Level 1

how to associate a credit card to a e-receipt or trip

How, I'm trying to submit an expense report but my Hotel-Room expense where automatic selected from the booking system, I have al receipts and allocations but there is a message with a red exclamation on the screen blocking my submission I don't know how to solve it, the message is as follow: "Itinerary cannot be submitted as cash expense. Please make sure e-receipt or trip has credit card associated to it" the system has my credit car numbers...

I have booked the hotel using the system

The payment type field only give an option as cash...

How can I solve it?

Thanks 

Mauro

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mgirold2 how did you pay for the hotel? Did you use a company credit card or was the card your personal credit card?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scuersge
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello, 

I am facing the same problems when trying to submit my expences. Car rental and hotel was paid via my privat VISA Card, but I can only choose "Cash" in the dropdown field for payment type. The system dosn't allow to submit this billing, it is calling for "associating a credit card with the trip" and to change the payment type. I have already completed my profile with this credit card details, but this doesn't seems to work. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scuersge Looks like you figured out the issue. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scuersge
Occasional Member - Level 1

Yes, I did. 😅 . Three things are good to know:

1. As you mentioned: Delete the origin entries of the trip (for Car and Hotel if paid with own Credit Card)

2. Create new replacing entries.

3. Deny to associate them to the origin entries if the system asks you to do that. 

Thank you for your help and best regards,

Sebastian 🙂

4evrtxn
New Member - Level 1

I am running into this same issue... Hotel reservation was made through the SAP/Concur travel reservation system. Hotel stay was paid with corporate credit card. Expense shows up in the SAP Concur expense system with an Alert requiring corporate credit car to be associated with the e-receipt... Payment type shows as "Cash-Out of Pocket" with e-receipt. Unable to change the payment type... only option is Cash-Out of Pocket. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@4evrtxn the corporate card payment type is not available to be selected by system design. When the reservation item is matched to its corresponding corporate card charge, the payment type will update to show the corporate card. 

Hotel reservation items will appear in your Available Expenses almost immediately after you complete the booking. If your trip isn't for another, let's say two weeks, then the reservation item will just sit there waiting for your to complete your trip, pay for the hotel and have the corporate card transaction upload into your available expenses. Once it uploads to your available expenses it will auto-match to the hotel reservation, but only if the Hotel reservation item has not yet been added to an expense report. 

When did you pay for the hotel? Have you checked your list of Available Expenses to see if the hotel charge has come in? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey