Did you mean: 
chrisholmes26
Occasional Member - Level 1

fuel for mileage choosing type

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chrisholmes26 hello there. Your post was a little vague. Could you please provide a little more detail so I may better assist you?  Thank you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Crazygino1

Crazygino1_0-1658143594695.png

When Claiming mileage for refund at the mileage rate in a Phev company car  I need to attach a fuel receipt so the company 

can claim vat. Error shows fuel receipts must be attached to "fuel for mileage" expense type but there is no such thing.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crazygino1 Yellow exceptions such as these are warnings/reminders. They don't prevent report submission. 

Did you purchase any fuel? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Crazygino1

Hello Kevin

Yes its a PHEV so I have purchased lots of fuel. The company are paying me a mileage rate so I effectively get reimbursed for fuel and plugging it in at home. Its just that the company can claim VAT back against the fuel receipts and I am being asked to attach it as "fuel for mileage" expense type but there is no such thing. I appreciate my boss will still pay me, but I have to authorize other users expenses and the last thing I need is a dozen flagged "exceptions" which have been correctly submitted.

I spoke with our accountant and she thinks that when the system was set up the expense options were not all added to keep it as simple as possible for employees, (stop them choosing the wrong item).  So the option "fuel for mileage" expense type may need adding in, why else would Concur itself ask for something that is not a thing?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crazygino1 I went into your expense report and took a screenshot for you. I see Fuel as an expense type to select. See screenshot below. 

Do you not see this expense type under the Transportation category? My guess is someone at your company shortened the name of the expense type to just Fuel. 

KevinD_0-1658776373373.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Crazygino1

Hello Kevin

I can of course add a fuel receipt, but this does not get rid of the multiple warnings!

I have to tick the fuel receipt as a personal expense or the system would reimburse me for it.

Crazygino1_0-1658849590189.png

I am claiming business mileage in a PHEV at a p/mile rate. 

I am only attaching receipts for the company.

The system needs looking at for PHEV drivers. It is not making it easy.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crazygino1 the yellow triangles are warnings/reminders only. You can submit the report. I think these are for people with different mileage scenarios than yours.  Try submitting and let me know if it goes through.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey