cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickysidhu
Occasional Member - Level 1

flummoxed - I have 3 "Pending Card Transaction" from May. Amex confirmed that they have been posted!

Hi Guys,

Very confused - I have read through the helpful FAQ on Pending card Transactions but I seem to be the rare case where the FAQ doesn't apply.

1. I have three pending card transactions - all three Ubers. Two on the 21st May and One on the 25th May

2. I have spoken with AMEX and they have informed me that the transactions have been posted and are complete

3. I'm now unable to create any new expenses until these old ones are processed.

What can I do?  Anyone???

5 REPLIES 5
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @mickysidhu 

This is the relevant part of the FAQ for your situation:

What if I have a Pending Card Transaction item on an expense report, but already submitted the corporate card charge?

Delete. Delete.

Delete the item off of your report. This will put it back in your Available Expenses. From there, select the item and delete it. Pending Card Transaction items do not need to be placed on an expense report. Think of them more as a reminder to wait for the corporate card charge. The corporate card charge is the most important item and is what needs to be submitted. 

mickysidhu
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks for the prompt reply.

These are legitimate items on the statement (posted by Amex as complete) and I have to match my expenses to my AMEX statement.

Is this still an option?

DeanR

Sorry, I interpreted your point 2 as these charges had already been paid to Amex and hence I assumed they'd been included on an earlier Concur Expense report that you'd submitted.  Are you saying that the card transactions have never come through to Concur?  That would be something you'd have to follow up with your company's Concur administrator who would have access to any hidden transactions.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mickysidhu hello there. First, you get the award for first person ever to use the word "flummoxed" in a post. Well done. 

Second, here is what happened. I know, because I looked at your SAP Concur account. 

The Pending item for $15.77 was submitted on another expense report. So, delete that item off your report, then delete it out of the system. The other two pending items had credit card transactions to match to, however you deleted the card charges, so that is why they are still pending. These two items need to be released so you can add them to the report in question where they will zero out the two negative charges you see on that report. I'm sending you a private message of someone who should be able to help get them released back to you.

I am not a fan of companies allowing employees to delete company card charges, It ends up causing more issues in the long run. So, my word of advice is to never delete anything that shows GB American Express Corporate Card. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR

@KevinD 

I concur (pun intended) with your comments about deleting company card charges.  We don't allow that option and in my 7 years working with Concur at my company we've never had a situation where it was needed.