cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigpincus
New Member - Level 1

expence type field

How can i get concur to properly fill out the "Expense Type" field. I have been told that the software is smart and eventually learn what type to put in that field yet is has been 8 months and concur still populates that field as meals not groceries. 95% of all my expenses are groceries and I have to go back and change them every time. How can i help this stupid software learn that Gelsons Ralph's Vons and Pavilions are groceries stores and my expense is groceries not meals? I have about 150-175 expenditures to input monthly and have used the category meals 5 times last January never again yet the software continually puts meals in the4 expense type field. the person in charge on administrating this software for the company i work for is of no help and just keeps saying it will learn. I asked him to ask concur to see if they can change these fields so the end user can manually pick a default category and than only change it when necessary.

Please help with any suggestions

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@craigpincus when you select an expense type for a company card transaction that is showing as Undefined, the system assigns that expense type to that vendor going forward. Now, supposedly if you use ExpenseIt it is supposed to learn based on history and patterns. I don't know if your company uses ExpenseIt or not.

Also, have you tried the multi-edit option? In case you haven't, try adding all the grocery expenses to your report. Since they will all have a meal expense type, use the little checkboxes to select all of the entries that need to be set to Grocery. Once all are selected, use the Edit button. A window will appear showing all the fields that can be mass edited. You should see the Expense Type field. Change it to Grocery and then save. This should update all selected entries. Could save you some time, at least.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@craigpincus when you select an expense type for a company card transaction that is showing as Undefined, the system assigns that expense type to that vendor going forward. Now, supposedly if you use ExpenseIt it is supposed to learn based on history and patterns. I don't know if your company uses ExpenseIt or not.

Also, have you tried the multi-edit option? In case you haven't, try adding all the grocery expenses to your report. Since they will all have a meal expense type, use the little checkboxes to select all of the entries that need to be set to Grocery. Once all are selected, use the Edit button. A window will appear showing all the fields that can be mass edited. You should see the Expense Type field. Change it to Grocery and then save. This should update all selected entries. Could save you some time, at least.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
craigpincus
New Member - Level 1

Kevin thank you so much this works amazing as i can also edit the comment and business fields as well all at the same time saving me so much time .

thank you so much for answering my issue your the best

Cheers!