cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichelleE
Occasional Member - Level 1

e-receipt submitted as cash paid to employee instead of credit card

I had never seen an e-receipt before and assumed it was a real hotel folio and submitted it as it was coded which apparently was cash pay and my director got this money to his personal bank account. I didn't realize until the actual charges came through and were sitting under his manages expenses. To fix this mistake I was told to send the actual charges through as a payroll deduction. I did this and the approver is asking me why it's coming through as zero and she doesn't understand. I don't fully understand what happened either and would love to be able to answer her question about this whole situation with confidence but have not been able to find a phone number through my company of someone to help me understand what happened and now I don't know for sure if I fixed it correctly.

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichelleE when you say you sent it through as a payroll deduction, was this by marking the card transaction as personal or does your company have a field or checkbox that indicates it is a payroll deduction?  Because the expense was submitted as Cash/Out of Pocket and your director actually received the funds, the zero amount means that the submitter is requesting to be paid zero.   Since your company usually covers these types of charges, they need to be "paid back" for sending your director the money, so the payroll deduction is what will accomplish this. 

What did your director do with the funds he received? Also, I'd like to take a look at the report, but I need to know whose report to look at. I take it you are the delegate for your director. If so,  just leave their initials for me and I'll go in and take a look.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MichelleE
Occasional Member - Level 1

We have the option to choose Payroll Deduction but I had to go into the itemization section to select it. My director's initials are JB or JAB, thanks so much for checking this out for me. I would love to know if what I am doing is correct and if once it is approved I will finally not have to think about this anymore lol.