cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ralph
Occasional Member - Level 1

change Employee ID

We have a Concur Expense user whose last name has changed.  Updating their Login, Last Name, and Email was very easy.

In our system, we are simply using "FirstName LastName" for Employee ID.  Is it possible to update their Employee ID?  If so, how?

Thanks.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ralph when you changed the user's Login, last name and email, did you do it by manually changing these fields on the profile or did you use an import file? 

Either way, on the user profile screen, there is an Employee ID field. You should just be able to click in that field and change it, then click Save.

Let me know if this works for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ralph when you changed the user's Login, last name and email, did you do it by manually changing these fields on the profile or did you use an import file? 

Either way, on the user profile screen, there is an Employee ID field. You should just be able to click in that field and change it, then click Save.

Let me know if this works for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Ralph

Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much for the reply.

When I updated the Login, Last Name, and Email I just did it manually in the profile.

Employee ID is a dropdown field.  I actually can type in the field, but when I click Save I see it briefly change back to the previous ID and then it just takes me back out to the User list.  When I go back into that profile, it still shows the original Employee ID as if I have not changed it.

Ralph

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ralph Hmmm...I don't remember seeing the Employee ID field as a drop down. Can you please take a screenshot of what you are seeing? Try and capture the entire screen. If you don't want to send it publicly, send it to me in a private message. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Ralph

It turns out that the "Employee ID" field I was wanting to change was not the native "Employee ID" field.  That is why I wasn't finding any information about changing it.  It's so easy there is no reason for anyone to even ask.  You can just change it and click Save.

But the custom field was easy to change also.  I just had to go into Custom Fields, find Employee ID, and click Manage List Items.  It was very easy to change the person's last name once I knew it was a custom field and where to find it.

Thanks again for your help, Kevin.

Ralph