cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalie12
Occasional Member - Level 1

Wrong credit card transaction

I have a problem submitting a report because the hotel charged me  by mistake extra 10€.

The stay with the tax was of 93 € worth and they charged the credit card 103€.

When they realized the mistake they returned the 10€ with a separate transaction later that day.

The problem is I now have 2 transactions in my expense report i cannot justify. I cannot itemize the stay (the invoice is 93€)  and I dont know how to proceed the 10€ return transaction

Can you help?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Natalie12 @tvarner explained it perfectly. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tvarner
Super User
Super User

Here is how we handle since our credit cards are loaded to Concur and we are Company Billed/Company Paid.  Since it is not possible to combine the two transactions here is what I tell my travelers.

1- Itemize the hotel bill for what was originally charged which includes the error. Add a comment on the error that it is refunded on a separate line.

2- For the credit use the same expense type that you used in the prior step for the error. Add a comment that the error occurred in the hotel itemization.

When everything is added together the amounts match your receipt. 

Natalie12
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you so much!

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Natalie12 @tvarner explained it perfectly. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.