cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalie12
Occasional Member - Level 1

Wrong credit card transaction

I have a problem submitting a report because the hotel charged me  by mistake extra 10€.

The stay with the tax was of 93 € worth and they charged the credit card 103€.

When they realized the mistake they returned the 10€ with a separate transaction later that day.

The problem is I now have 2 transactions in my expense report i cannot justify. I cannot itemize the stay (the invoice is 93€)  and I dont know how to proceed the 10€ return transaction

Can you help?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Natalie12 @tvarner explained it perfectly. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
On vacation July 26-August 8
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tvarner
Occasional Member - Level 3

Here is how we handle since our credit cards are loaded to Concur and we are Company Billed/Company Paid.  Since it is not possible to combine the two transactions here is what I tell my travelers.

1- Itemize the hotel bill for what was originally charged which includes the error. Add a comment on the error that it is refunded on a separate line.

2- For the credit use the same expense type that you used in the prior step for the error. Add a comment that the error occurred in the hotel itemization.

When everything is added together the amounts match your receipt. 

Natalie12
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you so much!

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Natalie12 @tvarner explained it perfectly. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
On vacation July 26-August 8
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post