cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leela2516
Super User
Super User

Workflow Skip Step is not allowing identification of the traveler's approver (manager)

I am with Eaton Corporation currently working in our test environment. Because the Travel Allowance configuration with Concur does not allow for time banded provided meal rates to be calculated based on the adjusted allowance, we would like to add an additional Travel Allowance Review / Adjustment step into the workflow for our Austria group. We have created a workflow that follows: Traveler > Travel Allowance Review / Adjustment > Manager > Ready for extract - the ideal scenario has the Travel Allowance Reviewer return the report to the traveler and then proxy in as the traveler and create a Travel Allowance Adjustment expense type entry for the difference the employee should receive. We created a skip step for the Travel Allowance Review / Adjustment if the report has an entry with an expense type of Fixed Meals Adjustment it should skip the Travel Allowance Review / Adjustment step and go directly to the manager, however, when attempting to test the Travel Allowance Review / Adjustment returning the report and adding the Travel Allowance Adjustment expense type then submitting the report, we get the error: This report could not be submitted. There are no approvers defined in your workflow. Has anyone else had this issue or can provide any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 what is the user that was used to submit the report? I'd like to take a look. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 follow-up question...I looked up your company and I saw that there are three test environments. Can you tell me which one you are testing in? I actually went into all three test environments and didn't see a group for Austria.

Can you provide me some guidance to know which test site to look in, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@KevinD - Thank you for your reply. We are using our 904njgo environment and user E0053134@eaton.com. With that said, we switched the first workflow step to be an Expense Processor instead of an Authorized Approver. Once that change was made, the skip step works as expected. However, I still find it odd that the user's manager could not be found. I apologize for the late response, I typed this up the day you responded, but must have not actually clicked the reply button?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 Glad to hear the skip step worked. 

What do you mean the "user's manager could not be found"? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@KevinD - It seemed that when trying to bypass the authorized approver, it was getting hung up on the fact that the authorized approver was the one that submitted the report and not allowing it to even consider bypassing the step. Adding the step for a Processer eliminates that issue and will bypass if the expense type is included on the expense report. I think the issue is resolved but just seemed odd the system would not even consider bypassing with the user as an authorized approver. Thanks for your responses - much appreciated.