cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngatran
Occasional Member - Level 2

Who can turn-off the Pending Card Transaction function?

Hi Concur team,

We received a lot of escalations from travelers about Pending card transaction over the years and I'd like to check who could modify & turn off this function. That person is from my company or from Concur?

I do not see the benefits of this function and it created many unnecessary confusions to our traveler.

I'd like to understand what are real benefit of this function.

Thanks for looking at this problem.

Nga

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngatran the reasoning behind this payment type is to prevent users from submitting company card expenses as out of pocket. If this payment type is turned off, then e-receipts and travel itinerary items would come in with an out of pocket or Cash payment type.

When users submit these items as out of  pocket or cash, it causes more work in the end for the user and the team that gives final approvals. What ends up happening is users submit these items, then a couple days later they see the company card transactions come in and don't know what to do with them.

You can certainly request to have the Pending payment type turned off, but you might end up seeing that turning it off caused more issues than having it on. Just my opinion. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ngatran Hello. Once the transaction data arrives, SAP Concur will match the card transaction to the expense and automatically update the payment type.

The "Pending Card Transaction" payment type is utilized to give users the opportunity to manually enter expense information and itinerary transactions while waiting for the transaction data to arrive in SAP Concur.  The best practice is to leave the expense item in the Expense Library until the payment type updates before moving it into an expense report. 

SAP Concur will not allow an expense report to be submitted if it has "Pending Card Transaction" as the payment type for one of the expenses. The user will have to wait until the expense matches the credit card transaction or the user manually updates the payment type. 

The Pending Card Transaction is activated in the Group Configuration.  In looking at one of your Group Configuration Payment Types, I do see that the checkbox under Default Payment Type is making the Pending Card Transaction the Default Payment Type for that particular Group.  

If you want this functionality turned off, someone with full access with your company could make the change or a case can be opened with the Support team to make the change.  You would want to understand any downstream effects as well. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngatran the reasoning behind this payment type is to prevent users from submitting company card expenses as out of pocket. If this payment type is turned off, then e-receipts and travel itinerary items would come in with an out of pocket or Cash payment type.

When users submit these items as out of  pocket or cash, it causes more work in the end for the user and the team that gives final approvals. What ends up happening is users submit these items, then a couple days later they see the company card transactions come in and don't know what to do with them.

You can certainly request to have the Pending payment type turned off, but you might end up seeing that turning it off caused more issues than having it on. Just my opinion. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager