cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WernerSchulz
Occasional Member - Level 1

Weekly Ticket as a New Expense

There seems to be no concept of a weekly ticket in the expenses. Weekly tickets are useful in public transport claims. The field "Number of Tickets" is not the same since there is one ticket but valid for several days.

Reason why I bring this up is that there are typically limits on public transport tickets, which causes weekly tickets to be flagged against those limits. A Weekly Ticket (or some form of multi-day ticket) would solve this problem.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WernerSchulz The Number of Tickets field you mention is not an out of the box field, but a custom field created specifically by your company. I recommend bringing this up to your direct manager to see if you can provide this feedback to your company's SAP Concur site administrators.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WernerSchulz The Number of Tickets field you mention is not an out of the box field, but a custom field created specifically by your company. I recommend bringing this up to your direct manager to see if you can provide this feedback to your company's SAP Concur site administrators.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
WernerSchulz

@KevinD - thanks for the information. I will contact my admins.

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

Do you have the ability to itemize it by day?  That might be something that shows the use pattern.  Otherwise a comment that it is a weekly pass could work.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
WernerSchulz

A weekly ticket is a single price and there is no itemisation possible. The problem is with the business logic behind the custom field. They probably forgot the use case of a multi-day ticket, which is actually quite common in many European cities' public transport. I assume that the amount is divided by the "Number of Tickets (default: 1)  and then checked against company limits. Changing the name of the field to allow for days would clarify things easily. But that's now a problem with my admin team.