cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDraper
Occasional Member - Level 1

WHY can't Concur make CITY OF PURCHASE a field to EDIT??

I use a company credit card for multiple charges, like hundreds. All charges are done in the SAME city of purchase. Yet Concur does not have City of Purchase as a field I can edit to update all my charges. Instead, I have to enter city of purchase one by one, which takes forever. Why? Can't SAP Concur developers create this simple field? It would save customers time and energy and lower frustration with what would otherwise be a nice piece of software. 

9 REPLIES 9
Munari_alEXPert
Frequent Member - Level 1

dear @DDraper 

one of the field the credit card should fill is also the city, which is than automatically linked to the country and so defaulted currency.

My wonder is if the name of the city has special characters or not within the Concur city lists, so in your case I would revert to your company System administrator who could add the city the same way it is loaded on your credit card and have it adjusted.

Do you have the same problem with other cities or does your colleagues have the same problem in other locations? If not, the reason is because within the system the exact city name is missing.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari - Travel Expense Project Manager
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alessandro-munari/
DDraper

The city comes up fine (Upland, California). The issue is I have to add the city to each charge. It would be much better if it was a field one can edit--much like expense type, business unit, business purpose, etc. 

JessicaL
Routine Member - Level 3

Oh, I see what you mean. You want to be able to group Edit so you can do all at one time. I agree that being able to group edit more fields - including location - would make bulk orders easier. 

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
Munari_alEXPert

dear @DDraper 

the thing I am uncertain is why you need to edit a field that should automatically populate into Concur.  

Does the field once importing the transaction come empty and you have to manually enter it, as you mention you have to add the city to each charge.

Kind Regards

DDraper

Yes, it is empty. There is a drop down once I manually enter the city, but I have to drop-down or "add it" with each charge. 

Munari_alEXPert

thank you for clarifying. I personally don't have access to your system but there are two options I would look in case you wanted to pass this message to who is managing the system:

1- Between the credit card feed and Concur, there are a lot of field that can be transferred. I wonder if it was chosen the correct and specific one for the city field, as city shouldn't be absolutely entered manually.

2- To verify the name appearing on the city linked to your credit card transactions, which maybe is different from the list of cities available into Concur. (I know you mention (Upland, California) but maybe on the credit card it appear differently e.g. (Upland CA, California).

OR maybe @KevinD since could eventually access your system, could have a deeper look behind the reason why city is not automatically fed and need to enter manually.

Kind Regards

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DDraper Unfortunately with our NextGen User Interface, the bulk edit option is not yet available. I haven't heard yet on a timeline for adding this feature. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DDraper

Hi, Kevin. That's unfortunate. It seems like a simple add. Don't understand why Users are able to bulk edit other fields, but not this one. I am the Director of a large Recruiting department and I use a company card to purchase and subscribe to many things--therefore the City is always the same. Seems like Concur Expense is great for users who have a lot of lunches, but if a user is making multiple purchases on a company card from an office, not so much. Don't mean to complain, but again, seems like an easy fix. 😊

shibukurian
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @DDraper, this does not appear as standard system behavior. If you are importing corporate credit card transactions via Concur credit card feed service, 'City of purchase' field should auto populate value directly from the card feed. This field need to be manually populated only when the payment type is out of pocket cash. User should not have to fill this value. I agree with @Munari_alEXPert  that this should be checked with Concur technical team to check,

1. If city of purchase value is available in the correct field in the original card feed file received from the credit card provider. These are standard feeds format so do not expect error with these but just to cover base.

2. any error with the field mapping between the credit card file and Concur field table.