cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDraper
Occasional Member - Level 2

WHY can't Concur make CITY OF PURCHASE a field to EDIT??

I use a company credit card for multiple charges, like hundreds. All charges are done in the SAME city of purchase. Yet Concur does not have City of Purchase as a field I can edit to update all my charges. Instead, I have to enter city of purchase one by one, which takes forever. Why? Can't SAP Concur developers create this simple field? It would save customers time and energy and lower frustration with what would otherwise be a nice piece of software. 

23 REPLIES 23
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @DDraper 

one of the field the credit card should fill is also the city, which is than automatically linked to the country and so defaulted currency.

My wonder is if the name of the city has special characters or not within the Concur city lists, so in your case I would revert to your company System administrator who could add the city the same way it is loaded on your credit card and have it adjusted.

Do you have the same problem with other cities or does your colleagues have the same problem in other locations? If not, the reason is because within the system the exact city name is missing.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
DDraper

The city comes up fine (Upland, California). The issue is I have to add the city to each charge. It would be much better if it was a field one can edit--much like expense type, business unit, business purpose, etc. 

JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Oh, I see what you mean. You want to be able to group Edit so you can do all at one time. I agree that being able to group edit more fields - including location - would make bulk orders easier. 

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator

dear @DDraper 

the thing I am uncertain is why you need to edit a field that should automatically populate into Concur.  

Does the field once importing the transaction come empty and you have to manually enter it, as you mention you have to add the city to each charge.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
DDraper

Yes, it is empty. There is a drop down once I manually enter the city, but I have to drop-down or "add it" with each charge. 

thank you for clarifying. I personally don't have access to your system but there are two options I would look in case you wanted to pass this message to who is managing the system:

1- Between the credit card feed and Concur, there are a lot of field that can be transferred. I wonder if it was chosen the correct and specific one for the city field, as city shouldn't be absolutely entered manually.

2- To verify the name appearing on the city linked to your credit card transactions, which maybe is different from the list of cities available into Concur. (I know you mention (Upland, California) but maybe on the credit card it appear differently e.g. (Upland CA, California).

OR maybe @KevinD since could eventually access your system, could have a deeper look behind the reason why city is not automatically fed and need to enter manually.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DDraper Unfortunately with our NextGen User Interface, the bulk edit option is not yet available. I haven't heard yet on a timeline for adding this feature. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DDraper

Hi, Kevin. That's unfortunate. It seems like a simple add. Don't understand why Users are able to bulk edit other fields, but not this one. I am the Director of a large Recruiting department and I use a company card to purchase and subscribe to many things--therefore the City is always the same. Seems like Concur Expense is great for users who have a lot of lunches, but if a user is making multiple purchases on a company card from an office, not so much. Don't mean to complain, but again, seems like an easy fix. 😊

shibukurian
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @DDraper, this does not appear as standard system behavior. If you are importing corporate credit card transactions via Concur credit card feed service, 'City of purchase' field should auto populate value directly from the card feed. This field need to be manually populated only when the payment type is out of pocket cash. User should not have to fill this value. I agree with @Munari_alEXPert  that this should be checked with Concur technical team to check,

1. If city of purchase value is available in the correct field in the original card feed file received from the credit card provider. These are standard feeds format so do not expect error with these but just to cover base.

2. any error with the field mapping between the credit card file and Concur field table.  

OB14U
New Member - Level 1

All the answers/reasons that have been offered are just pass the buck. The bottom line is that this is an issue and no one wants to tackle it. I have the same problem the field is just blank. Just put it in as one of the choices and it is done. We all realized it shouldn't be happening but it is and as for why seems to have many answers but so far no solutions. The end user just needs a robust interface to get the Travel Expense Report done in the most efficient way. Adding this to the edit field is the quick fix if Concur does not get it right regardless of the reason.  Need doers, not explainers than get nothing fixed.  No timeline since May 11, 2021 10:11 AM that is sad. I hope we can get something in the Que to get this taken care of. Meanwhile everyone just suffers.

SystemUser
Occasional Member - Level 1

Agreed. The City of Purchase field should definitely be in the bulk EDIT MULTIPLE FIELDS section. Sure, a city is automatically populated, but it's the vendor's headquarters instead of the city where the transaction actually took place resulting in having to individually go into each and every single transaction just to change that one thing and it's unnecessarily time-consuming. Seems like an easy fix for Concur developers, but can't seem to get this suggestion taken seriously. 

DDraper

Come on, Concur! This should be easy. Make CITY OF PURCHASE a field you can mass-edit. I use a company credit card to make dozens and dozens of purchases from my OFFICE! ----Meaning that the City never changes. I should be able to mass-edit that field and put in my City--the same City every time, every month--for ALL purchases.

Come on.... This should take some Concur coder superstar like 30 mins to do. 🙂

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DDraper in re-reading this thread, to make sure I understand, your corporate card charges are uploading into your Available Expenses, correct? And you say that the city field is not auto-populated when you add these charges to your report. Is that correct? The City field is blank? 

In your site is the City field required? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DDraper

No, that's incorrect. When adding Details, a user must input a City of Purchase. My request is that Concur make this City of Purchase field, a field you can mass-populate/mass-edit. If you see my examples above, I use a company credit card for multiple purchases--always in the same city. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DDraper the City field is intended to be the city where the vendor is located, not your physical location when making the purchase. See what @toriehigh mentioned in her post about sales tax. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
toriehigh
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD ,

I'd like to add to this, as it is an issue that my company is facing as well.  The city of purchase field does NOT auto-populate most of the time, requiring that the user manually update their report line by line.  For someone who just has a few expenses each month, it's not a big deal.  But for our power users, it's incredibly time-consuming, and the number of complaints we got after implementing Concur forced us to turn off the requirement to have that field filled in for each expense line.  

Our tax dept has been asking to have that field requirement reinstated, due to the issues that they have run into when working with auditors for sales tax questions.  If this were something included in the mass edit function, it would be a no-brainer to turn that on again.  Since it's not, we are having a gazillion meetings on the topic and debating which route to take.  

Are there any customization options that might work?  Could a city of purchase field be added to a report header, where it would auto-populate the expense lines, similar to the Business Purpose field?

And, for those who think that the card transaction contains the information, most of the time it does not.  Instead of a city, it's very common to have the vendor's website or phone number instead.  

I would love to hear that Concur is taking steps to make this easier.  

And, @DDraper, is that a field that your company must have filled out?  If not, you can always turn off the field requirement, though your tax department might be upset about it!

Thanks,

Torie Hightower

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@toriehigh I was looking at Forms and Fields and did not see a City field on the Report Header form. I'm asking a colleague if it is possible to have the City field with the same functionality as the Entry Forms where the user can start typing the city name and see it appear and select it. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
DDraper

Hi, Torie. Great response. And yes, that field is required at our company (similar reasons as yours). DEAR CONCUR: You're over complicating your solutions. Make City of Purchase a MASS-EDIT function. 

DDraper

DEAR CONCUR: You're over complicating your solutions and deflecting back on the User. Make City of Purchase a MASS-EDIT function. Do that and we'll figure out what our own companies require/the sales tax mumbo-jumbo/and everything else. 

BStrait
Super User
Super User

Hello everyone, there is an improvement request logged with SAP Concur for mass edit of city and country fields expense entries. The recommendation currently has 10 votes. If you have not already logged a vote, please go to SAP customer influence and do so. This is the only way that this will be prioritized and changed. The request ID is: 293628.