cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgeno2
Occasional Member - Level 2

Viewing Receipt Images

Hello,

Can an expense administrator view receipt images? For example, our Controller is reviewing a journal entry export and wants to look into a specific purchase, including the receipt image (because the employee didn't include enough detail in the business purpose/comment fields). How would an admin, who is not an expense delegate, extract the receipt image? Is it possible? 

Thank you in advance!

P.S. We have Analysis

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately receipt images are not viewable in Analysis. An expense admin should be able to Proxy in as the user and view the user's expense report while proxying. If you are not sure how to proxy in as a user, feel free to private message me and I'll point you to it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately receipt images are not viewable in Analysis. An expense admin should be able to Proxy in as the user and view the user's expense report while proxying. If you are not sure how to proxy in as a user, feel free to private message me and I'll point you to it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
lgeno2

I had feeling it might have something to do with Analysis versus Intelligence. I am familiar with proxying/delegates 🙂 Thank you!

-Lauren

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Actually, receipts are not available with Intelligence either. You are not able to view receipt images in Cognos reporting at all. So, it isn't an Analysis vs. Intelligence thing. It's a Cognos thing. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
lgeno2

Oh ok! Good to know. In another post someone mentioned a "receipt extraction" report and I thought maybe that would be helpful if it was something we had access to. Sounds to me like we have to work with the employee or their expense delegate to see the receipt.

I know some admins can view receipts from the "Process Reports" page but that access is a little more than we want to give out to certain employees. 

Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hey @KevinD, how about the Analytics platform? When I was reading up on it, I understood it to be a way to better represent data and give more options surrounding actual analysis of that data, essentially as a substitute for Analysis. But would viewing receipts be a kind of drill-down that'd be available?

I'm fairly confident the answer is 'No,' but I thought I'd ask anyway Smiley Wink

Josh
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Josh,

You are right, Analytics does not have a receipt viewing option. Receipts can only be viewed by submitters, managers, delegates, proxies and expense processors.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Great; thanks!

Josh
mel-beyer
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin! Our controller is showing as a company admin and expense admin. He also have access to analysis. Trying to pull receipt images for some projects and not knowing how to pull them. We use salesforce to bill customers. Please point me how to access expense images. Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mel-beyer,

The only way to view expense report receipt images is to actually open the expense report, which can be done by 5 different roles:

1. Employee that submitted report

2. Manager of the employee

3. Delegate

4. Expense Processor

5. As a Proxy

Your controller will not be able to view receipt images by project, but can only view receipts by expense report. There aren't any receipt viewing options in either Cogno or our new Analytics platform (only available now for our Standard customers).

I hope this makes sense and clears things up for you.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mel-beyer
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinDI have already figured it out by proxying for that user. Thanks!