cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shellshearer
Occasional Member - Level 2

Using Sponsored Guest and Expense Pay

Hello!  We're getting ready to implement Expense Pay and Sponsored Guests and would like to speak to other Universities that are using both. Can anyone share their experiences with this and what they found to be the best setup?  What does the sponsored guest see and how do they add their banking? How does the payment show on your GL?  Any information is appreciated.  Thank you!

1 Solution
Solution
nicksanghvi

Hello, 

This is Nick Sanghvi at Simons Foundation. We have implemented the sponsored guest functionality since May of 2017 and would be happy to share the process we follow to pay our guests. We do have Concur pay, but we don't use travel module for the guests. I presented our solution at the Seattle conference back in March and it was well received. 

If you both are interested, I would be happy to share our process flows, process, excel templates and reporting we use for analysis. It would require at least an hour or may be 90 min on the Webex. 

FYI - it comes with the maintenance but centralizes all the pain points. it is working very well for us today, but we will be moving to web based solution vs. using Excel templates in the future. Any ideas would be welcomed here. 

Thanks

Nick Sanghvi 

Nick 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
SusanT
Super User
Super User

We are looking into implementing both, as well. While we are not a university, I'm also interested to hear from others who are using SG and EP. I've read the documentation, but would like to hear real world advice.

Solution
nicksanghvi

Hello, 

This is Nick Sanghvi at Simons Foundation. We have implemented the sponsored guest functionality since May of 2017 and would be happy to share the process we follow to pay our guests. We do have Concur pay, but we don't use travel module for the guests. I presented our solution at the Seattle conference back in March and it was well received. 

If you both are interested, I would be happy to share our process flows, process, excel templates and reporting we use for analysis. It would require at least an hour or may be 90 min on the Webex. 

FYI - it comes with the maintenance but centralizes all the pain points. it is working very well for us today, but we will be moving to web based solution vs. using Excel templates in the future. Any ideas would be welcomed here. 

Thanks

Nick Sanghvi 

Nick 

dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

If possible, can I also join to understand the benefits of sponsored guest?

Thanks!!

Darryl Worth
American Society of Hematology
Rachel

Hi Nick - we met at Fusion last year. Do you all use Single-Sign On at the Simons Foundation? We want to try Sponsored Guest here but it sounds like we won't be able to because our employees use SSO to log in.

Thanks,

Rachel (Princeton)

jgarcia

Hi Rachel, 

I'm with the Broad Institute at Cambridge, MA.  We have single sign on as well, but our sponsored guests sign on through concursolutions.com with a broadguest email and a generic password. We pay them through expense pay. However, if they have a foreign bank we create their account as "non-expense pay" and pay as wire through our financial system (SAP.)

dianeatiyeh
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Nick

Would you be able to share your materials with me?

Many thanks,

Diane

shellshearer

Would you be willing to share your workflow/data with me as well? We're trying to implement this currently and just having issues visualizing how it works for non-employees.  Thank you!

Hi Nick,

I know it has been a year since your post, but i was wondering if you are still available to talk about how you implemented Guest Expense in Concur.  Our HR wants to move forward for incoming candidates.  Do you have any time to discuss?

Many thanks,

Kelly Taylor

MassMutual

kellytaylor@massmutual.com

TriciaNeal

Hi Nick -  Would you share your documentation on this with me too please.  

Patricia Neal

patricia.neal@sonicautomotive.com

Sydnesue
Occasional Member - Level 3

Nick - like the other posts, I am starting to explore Sponsored Guest and Non-Profiled Guest options and would love to see your process.

Any information you can share would be appreciated!

Susan.Manor@BSWHealth.org

Concur - if you are monitoring this thread, consider a session at Fusion 2020 for guest travel - end to end  from setup to booking / expense / reporting examples.

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @Sydnesue

Thanks for posting! Yes, we are monitoring the community and I love the idea for a Fusion session. I'll pass this on to our Fusion team. 🙂

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mplunkett
New Member - Level 3

Ditto!

mitch4918

Hi Nick, 

Can you share your process on guest expense pay?

Mark Mitchell

eabsing

Hi Nick,

Can you please the process flows, process, excel templates and reporting with me as well & also invite me for any session you are planning for others.

Thank you.

Email - Abhishek.singh6@gmail.com

Regards, Abhishek Singh

zluna

@nicksanghviHi Nick, if you could please share the materials it would be greatly appreciated.

zerbini.luna@capgroup.com

Regards,

Zluna

msavva

Hi Nick,

I am also interested. I am in the process of implementing this feature but I'm having an issue with the sponsor field. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

skenttaylor

Hi

Like others, I'd be keen to see your documents please Nick, as we're also looking into this.

sk636@cam.ac.uk

I'm concious  it's been a fair while since the original posts!

Thanks

Stephen

conmait

Hi Nick,

We're looking into creating Concur profiles for candidates and curious if you have automated creating the profiles instead of having a recruiter manually set up the profile. Any insights are appreciated. We'd be using Workday Recruiting for this. 

Thank you kindly,

Marisol 

TriciaNeal

Hi -

I would also be interested in the information too.

Thanks,

Tricia Neal

patricia.neal@sonicautomotive.com

rspanos

Did your university sucessfully implement Expense Pay for sponsored Guests?  We are considering this but running into issues with the need to two-factor authenticate into the system.  Please feel free to email me at rspanos@email.unc.edu.  Thanks so much, Rebecca Spanos