cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombr
New Member - Level 1

User profile details - creation, termination and "by whom"

Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom report which would show the following informtion for any user account:

- date when the account was created

- date when account was terminated (if applicable)

- who created the account.

Can anybody advise which data fields should I insert into the custom report to obtain this information? 

Thank you

Tom

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I did a quick look in Cognos and was able to find the Start date and Termination date items. I did not see a data item showing who created the account. 

You can find these items here: Expense>Lists>Employee Information>Additional Details.

I hope this helps. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I did a quick look in Cognos and was able to find the Start date and Termination date items. I did not see a data item showing who created the account. 

You can find these items here: Expense>Lists>Employee Information>Additional Details.

I hope this helps. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Adriana
Occasional Member - Level 3

You cannot add who created/terminated the account because this is not visible in Employee profile in Concur. 

My question...if I add start/end date what could be the reason for which these fields remain blank. Even though I have employees whi have been terminated and most definitely I should see when the employees have been created.  

Many thanks!

JLovasz
Occasional Member - Level 3

I am trying to run an employee listing, but I need to see all employees who were active for the past three years.  I thought I could filter out those with an Account Termination Date prior to three years ago, but when I pull the Termination Date filed into my report it is blank.  Even when I add the Active field and it clearly shows a "N".  What are my other options?  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

viv_prabha
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I have similar problem. I followed the suggested steps to get the Start date and Termination date but when i run the report i did not get the value in these fields. These fields are completely blank. Could you please suggest how to get value of employee account activation date and termination date in Cognos report. 

Regards

Vivek 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@viv_prabha can you please provide me the name of the company you work for? I would like to look at your site and permissions for Cognos. If you do not want to post your company name privately, send me a private message. To send a private message, click on my username. Select View Profile. You will see an option to send a message. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
c_mouskos

Hello,

Did anyone find a solution to this? We also experience this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Christos Mouskos

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@c_mouskos from what I searched, the system does not provide the user who created the profiles/accounts.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
c_mouskos

Thank you for your response,

I forgot to clarify that the issue we face is that the Termination Date is blank in Cognos reports.

Thanks,
Christos Mouskos

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@c_mouskos could you screenshot your Cognos report for me so I can see what data items you used to build the report, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
c_mouskos

We've actually copied the standard "Employee Details" report and we just added a few fields.

c_mouskos_0-1689921924383.png

Thanks,

Christos Mouskos

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@c_mouskos I tried doing a report in your site, but I had the same issue. I'm asking my reporting contacts if they can provide some insight. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@c_mouskos I found out that the Termination date feeds from the Travel Data Archive running. I don't know why it comes from that, which is odd for our Expense only customers, but this needs to run for that date to pass to Cognos. I checked your site and you do not have this job running. You will need to submit a help ticket to Analytics Support to get it enabled.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
matharu_g

Hi @KevinD  - does Start date also get passed to Cognos only when the Travel Data Archive is running?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@matharu_g I've not tested this, but if I had to guess, I would say yes. If you do a test report in Cognos, you could add both Start Date and Termination Date to see if any data appears. That would give you a definitive answer. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
matharu_g

Hello again! Is there also a "create" date for the user record?  The start date can be modified in user manager and we were looking for the date when the record is first created which is perhaps not visible on any forms in the administration screens.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@matharu_g from what I have seen or not seen, I don't think so. I only think we capture the Start Date.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey