cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdafin20
Occasional Member - Level 1

User Interface Update?? Oct 3 2023

Hi,

We are noticing a user interface this morning...can someone confirm Concur rolled this out? Users are not happy with the all white screen...the lack of contrast and smaller font are the 2 largest complaints...

Thanks,

Jenn

49 REPLIES 49
babydee1
Occasional Member - Level 2

I came here to complain about the same thing; the new interface is migraine-inducing, as are all the new options currently available in Settings. There was nothing wrong with how it was before. I'd like to know if it's possible to roll it back to a previous version as I am unable to use it like this without risking harm to my health. 

ltboeck

It's way too white. With the office lights this is going to be so fun with the eye strain. 

Cilena408

I was able to change the background from the stark white to black.  I went into my Profile Settings, System Settings and changed the appearance settings.  However, There are only 4 options and the one I chose to change it from white to black was 
Evening Horizon.  

Cris617

YES!! Precisely.  I have epilepsy and suffer from migraines as well - this new interface is terrible for us - I really hope there is a solution.  I really hope someone in the industry is listening, cares, and flags these messages.

maysma
Occasional Member - Level 3

I am unable to access as a delegate for my travelers and i have expense reports to process. This is ridiculous- I have also notified our General Atomics Concur Help desk 

KR88

Hi

I came here to complain about the same thing also. Does concur realise the interface is unreadable. EG:UnreadableUnreadable I have tried in evening mode under settings which is a slight improvement. Its very difficult to use now. 

maysma

This is a major delay in me getting my job done

I process all Travel and Expenses as a delegate for my travelers,  This new interface doesn't allow me to. I'm not traveling 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maysma are you still having this issue? I was able to act on behalf of others in several different sites using the new theme. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
maysma

No, it took 3 hours for my GA Concur Help desk to respond back to normal- after I fiddled around and figured it out - Thank you 

Nag4481

Our users are complaining too... Changes are significant. It looks like another UI.

Where can we find training documentation for end users explaining the change and showing examples? When a new UI was in the works changes were communicated ahead of time with the training documentation for users. 

hannahlawrence

Hello. 

We sent out an email to our company regarding the changes, we utilized the following:

SAP Fiori with Horizon Visual Theme

SAP Fiori with Horizon is a visual theme family from SAP that has been adopted across SAP Concur solutions. SAP Fiori with Horizon provides theme options for users to choose from including Light and Dark Modes on the SAP Concur mobile app and the web, and high contrast modes on the web.

ltboeck

Thank you for this.  I may help that we don't get so many emails so we don't ignore the right ones.  Just a thought.  If there is a way to turn some of it off I'd greatly appreciate it the instructions on that as well.  Dealing with sales, customers and accounting I get enough.  

lannyr

Are your users okay with some of the fields being unreadable, especially to managers and/or processors?

hannahlawrence

I have received some complaints but we did provide the said information to our company prior to administering the change. 

As an admin, I have been utilizing the new interface for a few months now. At first, I did NOT like it at all. I make quick reference guides and tip sheets for my company for our end users to follow and I had to remake every single one and it was just a hassle. I feel as if I am going to have to do this again due to the negative reviews but we shall see. 

ltboeck

This reminds me of my first iPhone.  And why I went back to Android.  Can they not just leave it alone?  I have sorta figured it out but now you have to dig into drop downs more than usual to find what you need.  If I was just a user I'd deal but I have a crap load of reports to approve by the end of the week.  So annoying!!  

maysma

If it aint broke , don't fix it

I have a boatload of Expense reports to process and I cannot access my traveler's Concur to do so. Now, I'm sure my approvers are going to have the same issue 

ltboeck

I also want to add that it's month end.  And quarter end.  Which means we have a shorter deadline to give numbers to HQ.  The first of ANY month is NOT a good time to change a program.  Now we are all going to have to figure out where the h*** everything is on top of going through a bunch of expense that we all know is always a mess when it comes to sales people.  

MichaelG1

I came here to say this too! I don't remember seeing any notices about this either. I'm surprised admins weren't given a heads up about such a drastic change. 

ltboeck

I'm an admin and the only notice I got was about them adding on a 2 factor sign in but that's in the MIDDLE of the month.  I did NOT get anything about the layout changing.  All I've gotten is all these notices about webinars that I do not have time for. It's almost like they are pushing to try to get us to have them approve reports??  Not going to happen.  We'll change systems first. 

Cilena408

I agree, I only recall seeing the 2 factor sign in email too.  Not sure why view changed.