cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbaker2001
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unable to reset 2-factor authentication, so locked out of account

I am the Expense Delegate for someone whose 2-factor authentication has stopped working. Every time a request to reset it is sent and my boss enters the code to reset it, he gets an error message telling him that the code is invalid. He has tried this over 20 times and nothing works. Meanwhile, his AMEX credit card suddenly became Inactive and stopped uploading his charges and so now I have an outstanding expense report to submit but since all of the charges didn't upload, the report can't be submitted until my boss is able to reset his 2-factor authentication, go into his Concur account and reactivate his AMEX card so that all his charges upload again. My Accounting department is on the warpath over this. And why does Concur just suddenly declare an Active card Inactive when it is being actively used every month? What's up with THAT?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cbaker2001 Hello there. I would suggest speaking with the person at your company who is the SAP Concur site admin. They should be able to reset your boss' Two-factor. They might also be able to help with the card issue. Your boss can still make purchases with the AMEX card, correct? He might also want to call AMEX as you are using the AMEX card integration for those charges to upload, so they might be able to provide some insight.

I'm sending you a private message here on the Community with a name of someone you can speak with at your company.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cbaker2001 Hello there. I would suggest speaking with the person at your company who is the SAP Concur site admin. They should be able to reset your boss' Two-factor. They might also be able to help with the card issue. Your boss can still make purchases with the AMEX card, correct? He might also want to call AMEX as you are using the AMEX card integration for those charges to upload, so they might be able to provide some insight.

I'm sending you a private message here on the Community with a name of someone you can speak with at your company.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cbaker2001
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks for the speedy response, KevinD. Actually, our Concur site admin was able to reset my boss' 2-factor. Now it's a matter of getting him to actually log into his account, and there's the rub. This is a man who will not spare even 1 minute to do such lowly tasks as logging into Concur Expense. For this reason, he gave me his login credentials so that I could fully administer his account for him -- except that once Concur required 2-factor, I was back to being dependent on him supplying me with the 6-digit code in a timely manner whenever I needed to administer his account, and which, as I previously noted, he refuses to spare a minute to do. When I finally convinced him it was urgent that we reactivate his AMEX in Concur, that was when he discovered that none of the codes his authenticator was generating would work.

So, yes, this problem is partially solved now that 2-factor has been reset. But having Concur deactivate cards willy-nilly is still a problem. And I don't understand why Expense Delegates aren't allowed to activate and deactivate credit cards. We can ONLY add corporate AMEX credit cards to our Concur accounts, and those accounts are administered solely by our Accounting Department, so there is absolutely NO way an Expense Delegate could somehow make unauthorized charges or expense reimbursement claims for ourselves. It's a useless "protection" that serves no purpose other than to make life very difficult for Executive Assistants like me. I wish Concur would lift that restriction.

Thanks again for the speedy response, and for the private message with a contact. I'll reach out to them.