cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
connelr
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unable to combine separate expenses for single reservation.

In my expense report I have a hotel reservation for a two day stay shown as a pending card transaction, and two separate card transactions for the two days. I can't find a way to combine all three expenses. If I select all three, "Combine Expenses" is greyed out. I tried combining one of the one-day expenses with the reservation, but that changed the total reservation expense to the single day expense. At that point, I couldn't combine the second day with the reservation. I ended up deleting the report and starting over to be able to show the correct reservation expense. The two card transactions have an error saying "This expense has no matching travel reservation", and the reservation has an error saying "This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction". How can I resolve this?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@connelr I'm not sure why the hotel charged you twice, but here is what should work for you. Delete the reservation item as it is the least important of the three items and is a reservation only, not a card charge. The card charges are the most important. However, if you aren't comfortable with that, then combine the reservation to one of the card charges so that the message about it needing to be matched goes away. Although the reservation is for two days and the charge is for only one of the two days of your stay, it doesn't matter. Once combined, add it to your report. Itemize out the one day stay. Then, add the second card charge to your report and itemize that one day stay as well.

As for the card charges having a message about no travel reservation, if the alert is yellow, it is just a warning/reminder and will not affect your ability to submit.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes for you. Just so you know, I will expect a full report. 🙂

P.S. for future reference and as you probably now know, two corporate card charges cannot be combined. That is by system design.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@connelr I'm not sure why the hotel charged you twice, but here is what should work for you. Delete the reservation item as it is the least important of the three items and is a reservation only, not a card charge. The card charges are the most important. However, if you aren't comfortable with that, then combine the reservation to one of the card charges so that the message about it needing to be matched goes away. Although the reservation is for two days and the charge is for only one of the two days of your stay, it doesn't matter. Once combined, add it to your report. Itemize out the one day stay. Then, add the second card charge to your report and itemize that one day stay as well.

As for the card charges having a message about no travel reservation, if the alert is yellow, it is just a warning/reminder and will not affect your ability to submit.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes for you. Just so you know, I will expect a full report. 🙂

P.S. for future reference and as you probably now know, two corporate card charges cannot be combined. That is by system design.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
connelr
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Kevin,

I too don't understand why the hotel charged separately for each day, especially since there is only one receipt covering both days.

I deleted the reservation, and then for each separate card charge I uploaded the same receipt. When I itemized the charges for a given day, it automatically imported the charges for both days, so I had to delete the charges for the second day. For each separate day, I added the comment "The reservation was for two days, and the receipt was for both days, but there are two separate card charges for the two days. A copy of the receipt is attached to each individual charge. Because I was unable to combine the two expenses with the single reservation, I had to delete the reservation from the report in order to complete it."

I also had to delete the reservation from pending charges. I was able to submit the report, so hopefully it will be accepted.

Thanks for your help.