cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davefridley
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unable to change payment type from Out of Pocket to Corporate card payment

Hello,  Hired a Lyft car for company travel, paid with my corporate credit card,  yet the payment type in the expense report is listed as "Out of Pocket"  and I am unable to figure out how to associate this with a corporate credit card payment.  The selection field remains greyed out and unable to change.  Your help appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
SteveK
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi, Likely these transactions are coming in directly as e-receipts.  If paid for by your corporate credit card the system should recognize the last four digits of your corporate card and change the payment type to Pending Card Transaction.  But even if left as "Out of Pocket", once the credit card charge arrives in Concur the system will match the e-receipt entry and the card transaction and automatically change the payment type to reflect the appropriate company card payment type.

thomas0424

Hi Steve. I am running into the same problem. Almost half of my expenses are defaulting to Out of Pocket instead of my Corporate card. I do not have the option/ability to select Corporate card and when I try to re-create an expense, Out of Pocket is the only option. This is a bit frustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Thomas

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thomas0424 which entries in particular are you asking about? Can you provide screenshots for me. Have you double-checked to see if some of these out of pocket items are already on an expense report and possibly been submitted?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
thomas0424

Hi Kevin

Thanks very much for your reply. To get started, here is a screenshot of some expenses where the Payment Type is classified as Out of Pocket or Pending Card Transaction. I have never proactively selected anything from this drop-down as I've assumed everything defaulted to my Business VISA.

thomas0424_0-1688156044497.png

Here is another screen shot:

thomas0424_1-1688156044500.png

Appreciate any guidance you can provide as my goal has been to show all expenses entered to-date have been on the US Bank Visa card.

Let me know if you need anything else from my end. Enjoy the Holiday weekend.

Regards,
Thomas Dutzer, Kentwood City Properties
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davefridley adding on to what @SteveK said about matching. If the item in question is already sitting on a report, the system won't match it automatically to the card transaction until you add the card transaction to the same report. 

For future reference, when you have Lyft or Uber e-receipts come in, let them sit in your Available Expenses until the card charge comes in. That way the system will automatically match them, then you can it to your report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.