cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca
Occasional Member - Level 3

Uber Receipts feed into Receipts instead of Available Expenses

I have a user whose Uber receipts feed into his Available Receipts.  

He wants them to feed into Concur as Available Expenses.  How do you make this change?

I raised a case and Concur told me to check the that the email address was verified and to contact Uber.  I'm being passed backwards and forwards between Concur and Uber 😞 

11 REPLIES 11
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @Rebecca 

I was searching for the same thing and found this Fact Sheet published by Concur:

https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/FactSheets/Uber_Receipts_Fact_Sheet_Client.p...

I suspect your user has a Business Profile set up in Uber with Concur as the chosen provider, which sends receipts to Available Receipts in Concur.  They need to do the extra steps in the Fact Sheet to connect the apps if they want to receive E-Receipts in Available Expenses.

Rebecca

Thanks David!

What I am struggling to get clarification on is whether Uber is responsible for directing the receipt either to the Receipts or Available Expenses section of the user's Concur account.

The document states that Uber sends the receipt to Available Expenses where I have a user whose Uber receipts are flowing into the receipts section.

I'm spending a lot of time on this and not getting anywhere.

Rebecca

I raised a case and Concur told me to contact Uber.  I'm struggling to understand why this is an Uber issue.

DeanR

I know at one stage it was possible to set up a Business Profile in Uber, choose Concur as provider but without formally connecting the Uber and Concur apps i.e. if you went into the user's App Center from Concur's end it would not show a connection to Uber.  Under that configuration receipts (not e-receipts) would be sent to Available Receipts and this was the set-up I had. 

I've re-tested this by uninstalling then reinstalling both Concur and Uber apps, then following Option 3 in the Concur Fact Sheet for connecting from the Uber end.  It results in the same configuration as above - no connection shown from Concur's end, which may be required for e-receipts as opposed to normal receipts?  I need to also connect using Option 1 or 2 for Concur to recognise the connection.  Now I've set this up I will let you know whether I receive an e-receipt or receipt next Uber trip.

For your user, is Uber showing as 'Connected' when you check via the App Center from Concur's end?

DeanR

Just to add that I got an 'Error connecting to a SAP Concur partner application' email from a Concur address when I tried to connect to Uber through Option 2.  App Center shows as 'Connected' though, so maybe a false error.

Rebecca

I've connected my Uber account to Concur via Option 3 and receive my Uber journey receipts in Available Expenses.  In my App Centre it says that I'm not connected.

DeanR

I'm beginning to share your confusion about this, if you're getting different behaviour to one of your users with the same set-up.  I did some digging through our user expense reports yesterday and found we have some users receiving receipts from Uber and others receiving e-receipts, although I haven't  looked into any differences in their set-up that might explain it.  I'll be checking things like Android or iOS, and what version of Uber and Concur apps they have installed.  I may well find I end up in the same confused boat as you 🙂

I would hope that Concur could explain whether it is them or Uber that determines whether a receipt is an e-receipt or not, but it sounds like they haven't been able to do this for you. 

DeanR

I connected via Option 3, then also did Option 2 so it would show as Connected in my Concur App Centre.

I took an Uber trip with my Business Profile yesterday and in Concur I received both an e-receipt in Available Expenses and a regular receipt in Available Receipts Smiley Frustrated

Rebecca

Oh no, this doesn't work consistently at all.  

It's not helping to get user buy in to the system when they are having all these Uber receipt problems.

rkelley
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Please try this: To re-establish the E-Receipt integration on a user level, your employee should go to the Concur App Center and go to the user level connection.

If it says they are connected, please have them disconnect and re-connect. This will establish a new connection between uber and concur.

Let me know if that works!

Romeeta

Which UBER are you connecting with? I was told to use UBER for Business because I had so many struggles with the regular UBER app center. My question is if we are only supposed to use UBER for Business why is the other UBER still available in the app center.? I signed up for UBER for Business and will "test" this out next week end when I am in Seattle since British Columbia doesn't have UBER yet. Hoping that the charge and tip "sync" with corporate credit card transaction. For those that do not have corporate credit card, my assumption would be, it should be in the Available Expenses only.