Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Uber E-Receipts

Hi,

I recently connected Uber App through Concur mobile. The e-receipt showed up but there are a couple of issues.

1. The e-receipt provides the bare minimum information. There is no tax breakdown and does not show the tip paid. Is this how Uber has set up their e-receipts or is this a Concur issue? Our company requires the receipts to show tax breakdown.

2. Our configuration requires the receipt to be attached at the line level. The e-receipts are not considered receipts and the system generates the audit rule associated with not attaching receipts. How do I configure for the system to recognize e-receipts?

Thank you.

Regards,

Harsha

5 REPLIES 5
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Hi All,

Found the answer to my 2nd question in the forum.

https://community.concur.com/t5/Concur-Expense/Why-is-Concur-Not-Recognizing-E-receipts/m-p/7762

Regards,

Harsha

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha I don't believe SAP Concur has any control of the details found in E-receipts provided by vendors. I have found that when a user rides with Uber and finishes the ride, they get a receipt for the initial ride. Then later when the user goes back to the app, it asks them to add a tip. This then causes a second e-receipt to be created that comes into the user's Available Expenses. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Thank you @KevinD . That's what I thought that Concur has no control over the e-receipts provided by vendors. The e-receipts are great but unfortunately do not provide all the required details such as tax breakdown. This will not work for our company and asking employees to provide the detailed receipt after e-receipt will create more work.

Regards,

Harsha

cpolifka1
Routine Member - Level 2

@KevinD - when the tip is added, it causes a separate charge to the credit card. Then there are two charges on the credit card-one for the ride, one for the tip. Do we need to contact Uber then or is this a standard way it is handled?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cpolifka1 I believe this is an Uber issue. However, what is tricky is that the tip might not be added until hours later. So, if Uber is making this a separate transaction and your users get two charges, hopefully Uber is sending to receipts as well to so they can be easily matched by your users.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.