cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_R
Occasional Member - Level 2

Uber Business Integration

Hi Everyone, 

Was hoping admins who have integrated Uber Business with their Concur instances could answer a few questions : 

• When I asked Uber if the E-receipts would populate in as Cash Out of Pocket or Pending Card Transaction the Uber rep said she thought Pending Card Transaction but did not sound 100% sure, she just said other business have not had an issue which was not reassuring.  Could you please confirm if this correct or if you had to change the default payment in Concur for the employee group to be Pending Card Transaction? I want to avoid accidental reimbursements. 
  • Was it worth doing the integration for E-Receipts to flow? Our policy is corporate card transactions under $75 do not require a receipt so I am wondering if this is worth it? 
  • How good is the data provided on the receipts? I have seen posts that say that the receipts do not show a lot detail but wanted to see if that has changed.
  • Experience with their customer service? Not seeing glowing reviews from other admins on other Uber Business posts on the form so that is a concern. 
  • Has anyone's company not went through with the Concur integration but still had their travel dept utilize Uber Business? (the rep said this is possible)
  • If you have integrated, what do you love about it? 

I genuinely appreciate any feedback you can provided and appreciate your time.

Thank you,

M_R

1 REPLY 1
carmel_rochon
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi! I've populated some answers below, but the gist is that I really love Uber for Business and would highly recommend it to anyone company that has a high Uber usage. Feel free to send me a DM if you want to speak further about this, I am a HUGE fan of U4B. 

• When I asked Uber if the E-receipts would populate in as Cash Out of Pocket or Pending Card Transaction the Uber rep said she thought Pending Card Transaction but did not sound 100% sure, she just said other business have not had an issue which was not reassuring.  Could you please confirm if this correct or if you had to change the default payment in Concur for the employee group to be Pending Card Transaction? I want to avoid accidental reimbursements. 
    • For us, the e-receipts import initially as Pending Card Transactions, but then are automatically linked by Concur when the matching credit card transaction is synced to the profile (note this only works if the Pending Card Transaction is in Available expenses - if you accidentally add it to a report before it has a chance to merge with the CC transaction, you can just select them both in the report and click Combine Expenses). This was the default setting for us - they only appear as Out of Pocket expenses if the card used to book the Uber was not the firm CC associated with their account.
  • Was it worth doing the integration for E-Receipts to flow? Our policy is corporate card transactions under $75 do not require a receipt so I am wondering if this is worth it? 
    • The e-receipts have changed my life for the better. They are so simple and seamless once they are up and running!!! It's no additional steps for the admins/processors once the integration is made
  • How good is the data provided on the receipts? I have seen posts that say that the receipts do not show a lot detail but wanted to see if that has changed.
    • The data on the receipts provides everything that we require for a fully itemized receipt. You can DM me if you want to see an example of both a Ride and Eats receipt, and I will send you some screenshots. They include RIDES> Pickup/Dropoff time and location, transaction date, distance travelled, class of car, and itemized cost breakdown; EATS> restaurant name and location, delivery location, order time, itemized receipt, names associated with group order (if applicable), and itemized cost breakdown of fees. 
  • Experience with their customer service? Not seeing glowing reviews from other admins on other Uber Business posts on the form so that is a concern. 
    • I don't use the built in support on their website, because I have a great account manager at Uber. If you don't have one (or if you don't like yours), let me know and I can connect you with mine if you want. He is very responsive and knowledgeable, but also doesn't overstep or try to upsell you at every turn. 
  • Has anyone's company not went through with the Concur integration but still had their travel dept utilize Uber Business? (the rep said this is possible)
    • N/A for us
  • If you have integrated, what do you love about it? 
    • Overall, I love the whole thing LOL I am responsible for preparing monthly AMEX reports for 45 card holders at our firm, and this integration cut down my Uber processing time from ~30min to ~10min per report. It's also very hands-off at this stage for us and it just runs seamlessly in the background. The only thing to note is to make sure that Uber's domain is whitelisted at your company, because our IT department was flagging them as spam and sending them to quarantine without us knowing. Once we whitelisted their domains, everything went back to normal.