cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnewto37
Occasional Member - Level 2

US Expenses on a Canadian credit card

I am a Canadian Resident who travelled to the US charging all expenses to my personal credit card. The receipts all include the US$ however my credit card shows the exchange rate cost which is higher. 

Do I submit my credit card statement with the US expenses only or do I also have to submit the receipts?

Company credit card didn't arrive on time. What a pain 😞

4 Solutions
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @cnewto37 

it should be written on your Company's travel policy, however I do not have access to it and I could just suggest what, for me, would be the best procedure. 

As most likely all personal (cash expenses) requires individual receipt uploaded on the system, you would need to include all the individual receipt and you might have the option to add an additional expense related to e.g. Bank charges, or Exchange rate fees or Others or Miscellaneous, where I would add the difference you effectively got totally charged on exchange rate compare to the one provided from concur, including your credit card statement as proof (hiding your card number and unrelated expenses that were not included on the expense report).

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

View solution in original post

Solution
cnewto37

Great thank you will try this!

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cnewto37 I would submit with the receipts you received even though they are in USD. When you are filling out your expenses, you will have a City field. Enter the U.S. city as this will activate an exchange rate field. You will see the USD amount and then a field to show what that is in CAD. Enter the amount in USD and see what is calculated. It might not be the same as the exchange rate used by your bank, but you can edit either of these amount fields as needed to show what you were charged. Or, if you know the exchange rate your bank used for each transaction, you can enter that into the exchange rate field.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Solution
cnewto37

Thanks Kevin will give all of this a try.

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @cnewto37 

it should be written on your Company's travel policy, however I do not have access to it and I could just suggest what, for me, would be the best procedure. 

As most likely all personal (cash expenses) requires individual receipt uploaded on the system, you would need to include all the individual receipt and you might have the option to add an additional expense related to e.g. Bank charges, or Exchange rate fees or Others or Miscellaneous, where I would add the difference you effectively got totally charged on exchange rate compare to the one provided from concur, including your credit card statement as proof (hiding your card number and unrelated expenses that were not included on the expense report).

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Solution
cnewto37

Great thank you will try this!

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cnewto37 I would submit with the receipts you received even though they are in USD. When you are filling out your expenses, you will have a City field. Enter the U.S. city as this will activate an exchange rate field. You will see the USD amount and then a field to show what that is in CAD. Enter the amount in USD and see what is calculated. It might not be the same as the exchange rate used by your bank, but you can edit either of these amount fields as needed to show what you were charged. Or, if you know the exchange rate your bank used for each transaction, you can enter that into the exchange rate field.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
cnewto37

Thanks Kevin will give all of this a try.